2019 AutoShow. LEGO® TECHNIC Bugatti Chiron
Monday, February 18, 2019 6:34:00 AM
- The First Ever Life-Size LEGO® TECHNIC Bugatti Chiron Made North American Debut at Canadian International AutoShow in Toronto.
- The jaw-dropping use of LEGO® TECHNIC Elements in this non-glued, fully functional model showcases the potential for building creativity and imagination.
The LEGO® Group, maker of the world’s most popular construction toy, is bringing this first of its kind model to the 2019 Canadian International AutoShow on February 13th.
Unveiled last summer at the Italian Grand Prix, the full-size and fully operational LEGO® TECHNIC Bugatti Chiron is an amazingly accurate re-production of one of the world’s most exclusive supercars, made entirely out of LEGO® TECHNIC elements. It will make its North American Debut at the AutoShow in Toronto during a special media preview event on February 13th. The LEGO® TECHNIC Bugatti Chiron can also be seen during the public hours of the AutoShow between February 15th and 24th.
“As a brand there is no more ubiquitous a name than LEGO® bricks, and no child or parent visiting the AutoShow that will not have played with, built or dreamed of their favourite imaginary car out of the world’s favourite toy,” says Jason Campbell, General Manager of the AutoShow. “To see the Bugatti they have created is simply breathtaking. The attention to detail is second to none.”
Built with more than one million LEGO® TECHNIC elements and powered exclusively using motors from the LEGO® Power Function platform, the model is a fully equipped true replica of the Chiron, including rear spoiler, speedometer, front and back-lights, detachable steering wheel and a brake pedal, all fully functional. Weighing in at 1,500 kilograms, the LEGO® TECHNIC Bugatti Chiron took more than 13,000 hours to design and build, and not a drop of glue was used in the construction.
Showcased on the 700 Level of the South Building of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, the LEGO® TECHNIC Bugatti Chiron is the centerpiece of the LEGO® Group’s ‘I Love Vehicles’ Experience that will also feature a LEGO® vehicle showcase and play zone.
“This life-size model is a first of its kind in so many ways and with it, we wanted to push the boundaries of our own imagination,” says Lena Dixen, Senior Vice President of Product and Marketing at the LEGO® Group. “For more than 40 years, LEGO® TECHNIC has allowed fans of all ages to test their creativity with a building system that challenges them to go beyond just creating new designs, to also engineering new functions. Our TECHNIC designers and the engineers from the Kladno factory in the Czech Republic, the place which also builds the impressive models for LEGO® Stores and LEGOLAND parks, have done an amazing job at recreating the Chiron’s iconic shapes, interior and functions. It’s a fascinating example of the LEGO® TECHNIC building system’s potential and we’re thrilled to see the model begin its North American tour.”
The 2019 Canadian International AutoShow takes place February 15th to 24th at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. For tickets and show information, please visit autoshow.ca.
Stay connected with the Canadian International AutoShow on Instagram @cdnintlautoshow, Twitter @autoshowcanada and Facebook /autoshowcanada.
SOURCE: The 2019 Canadian International AutoShow
- Related materials:
- 04-Mar-2019 06:38 PM 2019 Canadian International AutoShow. Lowriders Timeless Masterpieces (4K, images)
- 04-Mar-2019 04:10 PM 2019 Canadian International AutoShow. Lowriders Timeless Masterpieces
- 28-Feb-2019 09:18 PM 2019 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Premieres (4K, images)
- 28-Feb-2019 02:45 PM 2019 AutoShow. BMW Premieres
- 26-Feb-2019 08:22 AM 2019 AutoShow. Toyota Premieres
- 26-Feb-2019 06:38 AM 2019 Canadian International AutoShow. Toyota Premieres (4K, images)
- 24-Feb-2019 10:31 AM 2019 AutoShow. Lexus Premieres
- 24-Feb-2019 06:38 AM 2019 Canadian International AutoShow. Lexus Premieres (4K, images)
- 23-Feb-2019 04:39 PM 2019 AutoShow. Genesis Essentia Concept
- 22-Feb-2019 11:30 PM 2019 Canadian International AutoShow. Genesis Essentia Concept (4K, images)