2019 Canada Blooms. A Family Affair
Saturday, March 9, 2019 8:00:00 PM
- Garden designers, builders and floral artists to captivate with creative theme.
Stepping into an open backyard, there are endless possibilities when it comes to imagination. Whether climbing trees or picking wildflowers, children from an early age are eager to explore outdoor areas and engage in inventive play. Spending countless days rolling in the grass, digging in sandboxes and getting their hands dirty, children make memories and do much of their growing up alongside their families in their backyard. Looking to capture the warmth and curiosity tied to family gardens, Canada Blooms has selected ‘A Family Affair’ as its theme for 2019.
“We want to celebrate families rooted at the heart of great gardens,” says Terry Caddo, General Manager of Canada Blooms. “Backyards are an extension of the home, and truly reflect the creativity and passion of diverse families. Our garden designers, builders and floral artists will be harnessing their inner child to design vibrant and imaginative showcases for all ages.” Now in its 23 nd year, Canada Blooms was founded by Landscape Ontario and The Garden Club of Toronto as a celebration of gardening and horticulture.
Today it is the country’s largest celebration of gardens and flowers connecting people to the joys and benefits of nature. The theme of family will run throughout Canada Blooms, inspiring everything from the grand designs of the feature gardens to innovative small space gardens. The always-popular Floral Alley will also celebrate family, with a series of living displays that are carefully tended to by the professional floral superstars who conceived and developed them.
The Electric Love weigela from Van Belle Nursery of British Columbia has been selected as Plant of the Year by Plant of the Year. As described by Terry Caddo, this plant has “shockingly vibrant red bell-shaped flowers that cover dark foliage and is compact and showy.”
One feature garden that is sure to stand out this year at Canada Blooms is the Green Streets Play Zone. Created in partnership by Landscape Ontario and Come Alive Outside, the garden will welcome all ages to play games, build sandcastles, and plant seeds in a unique community greenspace. Promoting green time and active play, the garden will specifically highlight physical and mental benefits of the diverse community landscapes.
Other builders and garden designers who will be creating custom gardens this year include the Bancheri Brothers, Flattery Design Inc., Aquaspa Pools Landscape & Design and Royal Stone Landscaping & Design, Royalstone Design Inc., J. Garfield Thompson Landscape Ltd., and the City of Toronto.
There are all kinds of families out there, and we are delighted to celebrate them all at Canada Blooms,” says Caddo. “Expect to see captivating colours and innovative garden designs that inspire imagination.”
Co-located with the National Home Show, Canada Blooms takes place March 8 th to 17 th , 2019, at the Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place in Toronto. For more information or for tickets, please visit canadablooms.com. Follow Canada Blooms on Twitter @CanadaBlooms and Like it on Facebook.
- Related materials:
- 21-Mar-2019 08:05 AM 2019 Canada Blooms. Gardens and Flowers
- 20-Mar-2019 09:57 PM 2019 Canada Blooms. Gardens and Flowers (4K, images)
- 18-Mar-2019 07:58 PM 2019 Canada Blooms Floral Artist of the Year Competition. The Best Moments
- 18-Mar-2019 07:34 PM 2019 Canada Blooms Floral Artist of the Year Competition. The Best Moments (4K, images)
- 16-Mar-2019 08:35 PM 2019 Canada Blooms. Floral Alley (4K, images)
- 16-Mar-2019 12:00 PM 2019 Canada Blooms. Floral Alley
- 12-Mar-2019 10:19 PM 2019 Canada Blooms. Do Up The Doorsteps
- 12-Mar-2019 10:06 PM 2019 Canada Blooms. Do Up The Doorsteps (images)
- 12-Mar-2019 10:05 PM 2019 Canada Blooms. Balcony Showcase (images)
- 12-Mar-2019 08:06 PM 2019 Canada Blooms. Balcony Showcase