IC Savings announces $120,000 donation in support of Ukraine
Sunday, 01 May 2022 08:00.AM
IC Savings today announced a donation to the Canada-Ukraine Foundation in support of immediate humanitarian relief efforts in Ukraine.
The GTA-based credit union launched a campaign among its membership in March that saw it match donations, dollar for dollar, for double the impact. The initial challenge of $50,000 was met just a little more than a week after the campaign being announced; the goal was then raised to $100,000.
"As we witnessed the many heart-breaking scenes brought about by this conflict in Ukraine, we knew we needed to do our part to help ease the suffering of those who were displaced, as well as those who fled the country in search of safety and shelter," said Fausto Gaudio, President and CEO of IC Savings. "We created an opportunity for the members of IC Savings to participate and are overwhelmed at how our members, and the community at large, stepped up and responded so generously to our appeal."
IC Savings accepted donations in trust for the Canada-Ukraine Foundation, a registered Canadian charity with ties to non-governmental agencies now working on the ground to deliver aid.
"On behalf of everyone at the Canada-Ukraine Foundation, we thank IC Savings and its members for their leadership and support. Among the community of 23 credit unions in Canada that have stepped forward to support our work, this donation by IC Savings is the largest to date and will help us do more good in the weeks and months ahead," said Victor Hetmanczuk, Chair.
In the past 45 days alone, the Foundation has, for example, coordinated the delivery of more than 20,000 food parcels, or 440 metric tonnes, largely to vulnerable shut-in seniors; helped set up emergency reception centres in Moldova, Romania and Poland to welcome refugees; and purchased a three-month supply of much-needed medicines for at least 100,000 people.
"As Canadians, we're proud of the work being done by the Canada-Ukraine Foundation and want to acknowledge its leadership for their compassionate efforts," added Gaudio. "It is a stressful and anxious time for the Ukrainian diaspora here in the GTA and across our country. Know that the IC Savings community, with its members, Board of Directors and employees, stands with you."
SOURCE: IC Savings
- 02-May-2022 08:00 AM Canada Supporting Humanitarian Relief Efforts in Ukraine
- 28-Apr-2022 12:00 PM Centennial College earmarks $110,000 annually to assist students escaping war-torn nations
- 18-Apr-2022 10:22 AM New Cancer Information Resources for People of Ukraine from NCCN
- 12-Apr-2022 04:20 PM Budget 2022 Canada’s Leadership in the World
- 12-Apr-2022 10:23 AM Canada imposes additional sanctions on Russian defence sector
- 10-Apr-2022 08:00 AM Pink Floyd - Hey Hey Rise Up (feat. Andriy Khlyvnyuk of Boombox) (Official Lyrics Video)
- 09-Apr-2022 10:27 PM Stand Up For Ukraine: 9.1 billion euros ($12.4 billion) pledged in support of internally displaced and refugees
- 09-Apr-2022 09:25 PM Prime Minister co-convenes the Stand Up for Ukraine pledging event
- 09-Apr-2022 08:00 AM Toronto stands with Ukraine and prevents future contracts sanctioned by the Government Canada
- 08-Apr-2022 08:00 AM Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Kyiv address Toronto City Council and call for an end to the invasion of Ukraine
- 02-Apr-2022 04:38 PM Canada expands settlement support for Ukrainians coming to Canada
- 28-Mar-2022 10:23 AM ICRC asks Canada not to mix Ukraine aid promises with military support, sanctions
- 26-Mar-2022 08:00 AM The impact of the war in Ukraine is already being felt on the boating industry
- 21-Mar-2022 08:00 AM Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel
- 20-Mar-2022 10:22 AM Canada launches new temporary residence pathway to welcome those fleeing the war in Ukraine
- 16-Mar-2022 02:25 PM Ukrainians Want To Stay and Fight But Don't See Russians as the Enemy, New Lord Ashcroft Poll Finds
- 13-Mar-2022 06:29 PM Unprecedented initiative for Ukrainian refugees by the Sectoral workforce committee dedicated to metallurgy
- 13-Mar-2022 04:50 PM How businesses and Canadians can help Ukraine
- 10-Mar-2022 08:00 AM The Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) Responds to the Crisis in Ukraine
- 09-Mar-2022 06:12 PM Russian Invasion Landing in Toronto
- 09-Mar-2022 04:36 PM Prime Minister participates in successful visit to Germany
- 08-Mar-2022 02:35 PM MDA To Provide Satellite Imagery For International Efforts In Ukraine
- 05-Mar-2022 02:25 PM Canada to welcome those fleeing the war in Ukraine
- 04-Mar-2022 02:26 PM Targeting of Ukrainian Cultural Sites an Attempt To Erase Its National Exitance
- 30-Sep-2011 01:55 PM «Mandry» at the Ukrainian Festival Toronto 2011
- 22-Sep-2011 06:31 PM 2011 Ukrainian Festival Toronto. Mandry Band (HD, images)
- 20-Sep-2011 01:54 PM «Mandry» at the Ukrainian Festival Toronto 2011
- 24-Sep-2010 10:26 PM 2010 Toronto Ukrainian Festival. Mad Heads XL (HD, images)
- 24-Sep-2010 12:30 AM 2010 Ukrainian Festival: Mad Heads XL
- 15-Oct-2009 11:28 PM 2009 Ukrainian Festival Toronto. Haydamaky Concert (HD, images)
- 15-Oct-2009 11:28 PM 2009 Toronto Ukrainian Festival. Evening Concert (HD, images)
- 15-Oct-2009 11:27 PM 2009 Ukrainian Festival Toronto #4 (HD, images)
- 15-Oct-2009 10:48 PM 2009 Toronto Ukrainian Festival #3 (HD, images)
- 15-Oct-2009 09:31 PM 2009 Toronto Ukrainian Festival #2 (HD, images)
- 15-Oct-2009 09:30 PM 2009 Ukrainian Festival Toronto #1 (HD, images)
- 03-Oct-2009 02:41 AM 2009 Ukrainian Festival: Haydamaky (NewCa.com Intreview)
- 02-Oct-2009 01:13 AM 2009 Ukrainian Festival: Evening Concert
- 01-Oct-2009 02:12 AM 2009 Ukrainian Festival: Day Concert
- 30-Sep-2009 12:15 PM 2009 Ukrainian Festival: Haydamaky, Ukrainе