2019 Canadian International AutoShow. Lowriders Timeless Masterpieces
Monday, March 4, 2019 4:10:00 PM
- Meet three generations DeAlbas, the US lowriders' builders at the Canadian International Autoshow in Toronto.
- The famous Petersen Automotive Museum showcasing six unique cars from their collection in the L.A. Car Culture exhibit, the highlight of which are three California-style low-riders.
Nowhere has the automobile had a more pronounced impact on a culture than in the mecca that has become a car collector’s paradise – Southern California.
Customized lowriders and hot rods have become an integral part of the SoCal streetscape, made famous by the richly diverse Latino communities in and around Los Angeles. The Petersen Automotive Museum — one of the largest and most respected automotivemuseums in the world — is bringing a sampling of these unique vehicles from its curated collection to showcase in Castrol Alley on the 700 Level of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre at the Canadian International AutoShow in February.
“The whole sub-industry of personalized cars, lowriders andhot rods wereborn and matured in Southern California,” says Jason Campbell, General Manager of the AutoShow. “The Petersen’s L.A. Car Culture exhibit will provide a welcome glimpse into the sunshine coast of California at the height of a Canadian winter.”
The exhibit will feature six vehicles from the Petersen collection: famous celebrity cars, lowriders and hot rods that were inspired and created on the streets of L.A.
Among the cars coming to Toronto are a 1900 Overland custom covered wagon that was a gag gift from Bob Hope to John Wayne and a car that once belonged to the royal motor pool in British India before being subsequently purchased by music icon Elton John.
Terry Karges, executivedirectorof the recently re-imagined Petersen Automotive Museum, says, “We welcome thousands of Canadians annually who help us celebrate the automobileand Southern California’s role in fostering enthusiasm for the special cars we have on display. It seems a great opportunity to share a small taste of the Petersen collection with the 350,000 visitors the AutoShow attracts each year, as so many from Canada come south to indulge their automotive passions.”
The Petersen Automotive Museum Foundation is a non-profit organization specializing in automobile history and related educational programs. Since the museum’s founding in 1994, it has quickly grown to be recognized as one of the most respected automotive collections worldwide. In 2016, The Petersen was named “Museum of the Year” by a group of global collectors, journalists andluminaries at the prestigious 2016 International Historic Motoring Awards in London.
SOURCE: Canadian International AutoShow
- 16-Feb-2020 09:59 AM 2020 Canadian International Autoshow. Kids Wonderland
- 16-Feb-2020 09:32 AM 2020 Canadian International Autoshow. Kids Wonderland (4K, images)
- 15-Feb-2020 10:51 PM 2020 Canadian International Autoshow. The World’s Largest Pearl (4K, images)
- 15-Feb-2020 10:20 PM 2020 Canadian International Autoshow. The World’s Largest Pearl
- 15-Feb-2020 09:06 PM 2020 Canadian International Autoshow. BMW Back-Up Assistant Demo at MTCC Garage (4K, images)
- 15-Feb-2020 09:06 PM <span style="color:#ff3547">NewCa.com Exclusive!</span> 2020 Canadian International Autoshow. BMW Back-Up Assistant Demo
- 15-Feb-2020 08:00 PM 2020 Canadian International Autoshow. Official Launch of Ivy Charging Network
- 15-Feb-2020 07:51 PM 2020 Canadian International Autoshow. Official Launch of Ivy Charging Network (4K, images)
- 14-Feb-2020 09:45 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Felino cB7R Canadian Supercar
- 14-Feb-2020 04:19 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Felino cB7R Canadian Supercar (4K, images)