2019 Canadian International AutoShow. Lowriders Timeless Masterpieces
Monday, March 4, 2019 4:10:00 PM
- Meet three generations DeAlbas, the US lowriders' builders at the Canadian International Autoshow in Toronto.
- The famous Petersen Automotive Museum showcasing six unique cars from their collection in the L.A. Car Culture exhibit, the highlight of which are three California-style low-riders.
Nowhere has the automobile had a more pronounced impact on a culture than in the mecca that has become a car collector’s paradise – Southern California.
Customized lowriders and hot rods have become an integral part of the SoCal streetscape, made famous by the richly diverse Latino communities in and around Los Angeles. The Petersen Automotive Museum — one of the largest and most respected automotivemuseums in the world — is bringing a sampling of these unique vehicles from its curated collection to showcase in Castrol Alley on the 700 Level of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre at the Canadian International AutoShow in February.
“The whole sub-industry of personalized cars, lowriders andhot rods wereborn and matured in Southern California,” says Jason Campbell, General Manager of the AutoShow. “The Petersen’s L.A. Car Culture exhibit will provide a welcome glimpse into the sunshine coast of California at the height of a Canadian winter.”
The exhibit will feature six vehicles from the Petersen collection: famous celebrity cars, lowriders and hot rods that were inspired and created on the streets of L.A.
Among the cars coming to Toronto are a 1900 Overland custom covered wagon that was a gag gift from Bob Hope to John Wayne and a car that once belonged to the royal motor pool in British India before being subsequently purchased by music icon Elton John.
Terry Karges, executivedirectorof the recently re-imagined Petersen Automotive Museum, says, “We welcome thousands of Canadians annually who help us celebrate the automobileand Southern California’s role in fostering enthusiasm for the special cars we have on display. It seems a great opportunity to share a small taste of the Petersen collection with the 350,000 visitors the AutoShow attracts each year, as so many from Canada come south to indulge their automotive passions.”
The Petersen Automotive Museum Foundation is a non-profit organization specializing in automobile history and related educational programs. Since the museum’s founding in 1994, it has quickly grown to be recognized as one of the most respected automotive collections worldwide. In 2016, The Petersen was named “Museum of the Year” by a group of global collectors, journalists andluminaries at the prestigious 2016 International Historic Motoring Awards in London.
SOURCE: Canadian International AutoShow
- Related materials:
- 04-Mar-2019 06:38 PM 2019 Canadian International AutoShow. Lowriders Timeless Masterpieces (4K, images)
- 28-Feb-2019 09:18 PM 2019 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Premieres (4K, images)
- 28-Feb-2019 02:45 PM 2019 AutoShow. BMW Premieres
- 26-Feb-2019 08:22 AM 2019 AutoShow. Toyota Premieres
- 26-Feb-2019 06:38 AM 2019 Canadian International AutoShow. Toyota Premieres (4K, images)
- 24-Feb-2019 10:31 AM 2019 AutoShow. Lexus Premieres
- 24-Feb-2019 06:38 AM 2019 Canadian International AutoShow. Lexus Premieres (4K, images)
- 23-Feb-2019 04:39 PM 2019 AutoShow. Genesis Essentia Concept
- 22-Feb-2019 11:30 PM 2019 Canadian International AutoShow. Genesis Essentia Concept (4K, images)
- 21-Feb-2019 09:00 PM 2019 AutoShow. Premieres