COVID-19 Sephora to close stores in the US and Canada
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 8:00:00 AM
Sephora has announced they are closing all their retail stores in the U.S. and Canada over concerns about the novel coronavirus.
Letter from CEO
"To our Beauty Community,
Today we have made the difficult decision to close all of our retail stores in the US and Canada and implement remote working for employees in our corporate offices from 5pm local time tomorrow (Tuesday, March 17) through Friday, April 3. When Sephora first opened its doors, we did so with the mission to create a unique community for all beauty enthusiasts. Since then, we have always taken our responsibility to protect the well-being of our people and community seriously. It was with that responsibility in mind that we made this decision.
We also recognize that we are in a position to support the collective fight against COVID-19. Following guidance from public health authorities, we understand that practicing social distancing and reducing dense public gatherings as much as possible is critically important at this time. This is truly a global effort that requires all of our participation.
During this time, we remain committed to serving our clients:
- Our sephora.com and sephora.ca sites and mobile app remain operational, with a comprehensive product assortment across all categories available. We are waiving standard shipping fees through Friday, April 3, on sephora.com, sephora.ca, and the Sephora app. To redeem, please use code FREESHIP.*
- For product purchases made in store in the last 30 days as of today (March 16th), we will accept in store returns, with receipt, within 30 days of store reopening. To ease returns for online orders, we have adjusted our current 30-day return policy and increased it to 60 days to be returned to the original method of payment.
- We are committed to supporting your beauty needs, and hopefully still having a bit of beauty fun, via social media. Our Sephora social channels have how-to videos and a wealth of content supporting a range of beauty questions for our diverse clientele. Connect with us on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok.
- Our Beauty Insider Community is a place to connect with other beauty enthusiasts and is a network of clients who enjoy chatting about anything beauty.
- And as always, you can reach our Customer Service team via email, phone, or chat.
We will continue to care for our employees and their families. Any changes to our corporate or store operations will not affect our commitment to them. To that end, all store employees will continue to receive their base pay for scheduled shifts for the duration of this closure. In addition, health and wellness benefits for employees who are currently enrolled will continue. And all distribution center employees will receive the same considerations should we experience any unplanned disruptions in one of our centers. We will continue to share updates with our community in the days ahead as we take any further action.
While this remains a challenging time for us all, we are inspired by the support of this community. We’d like to thank our store teams who have served our clients over the past few weeks with enthusiasm and dedication. As we continue, we greatly appreciate our e-commerce, distribution center, client services, and supply chain personnel for their strength and resilience.
Thank you for being a loyal Sephora client.
President & CEO, Sephora Americas"