2017 Canada Blooms. Opening
Sunday, March 12, 2017 10:00:00 AM
Year in and year out, Canada Blooms – the largest flower and garden festival in the country – awes and inspires gardening lovers with the innovation, artistry, and beauty of its gardens and floral displays.
Canada’s largest flower and garden festival returns to Toronto on March 10, with more than 25 feature gardens, a distinctly Canadian Floral Alley and other unique elements that have made Canada Blooms the destination for people who love puttering about their yards or strolling through manicured gardens.
«You may plant your favorite annuals year after year and have perennials that come to life each spring, but gardening is working with nature and that means even with the same pieces your garden is going to have a bit of different look each season. Blooms is the same way,» says Terry Caddo, General Manager of Canada Blooms. «Every year it is new, fresh and different. But one thing is for certain: you will be inspired by the designs, the colors and the plants.»
• More Ontario growers. With an Oh! Canada theme helping to celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday, there are more plants from Ontario growers than ever before.
• Flower Art Exhibit. A truly unique installation presented in partnership with the Royal Ontario Museum, this is a display of horticulture art by Elaine Waisglass.
• Canada 150. Check out the logo for Canada 150 celebrations, made up entirely of flowers.
• More small gardens. We are living in an increasingly urban world, but we shouldn’t let the tight confines of city living stop us from exercising our green thumb. This year’s featured gardens include several with tips and ideas for small space gardening.
• Canadian-inspired landscape designs. There are 30 feature gardens ranging in size from 100 to 4,000 square feet, inspired by Canada’s rugged landscapes, friendly people, and fascinating stories.
• Double the number of florists. Eight floral artists have put their unique flair on what Canada means to them, Coast to Coast.
• All the tools you will need. All the latest tools to get your garden ready — and maintain it through the season — can be found at the Troy-Bilt booth.
Co-located with the National Home Show, Canada Blooms takes place March 10th to 19th, 2017, at the Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place in Toronto. For more information or for tickets, please visit canadablooms.com. Follow Canada Blooms on Twitter @CanadaBlooms and Like it on Facebook.
- Related materials:
- 23-Jun-2019 07:12 PM 2019 Edwards Gardens. Toronto. Garden Sculptures (Images)
- 23-Jun-2019 04:07 AM 2019 Edwards Gardens. Toronto. Garden Sculptures
- 23-Jun-2019 03:06 AM 2019 Edwards Gardens. Summer
- 23-Jun-2019 02:05 AM 2019 Edwards Gardens. Spring #2
- 23-Jun-2019 01:03 AM 2019 Edwards Gardens. Spring #1
- 22-Jun-2019 08:15 PM 2019 Edwards Gardens. Summer (Images)
- 22-Jun-2019 08:13 PM 2019 Edwards Gardens. Spring #2 (Images)
- 22-Jun-2019 08:12 PM 2019 Edwards Gardens. Spring #1 (Images)
- 21-Mar-2019 08:05 AM 2019 Canada Blooms. Gardens and Flowers
- 20-Mar-2019 09:57 PM 2019 Canada Blooms. Gardens and Flowers (4K, images)