ONTARIO JOBS 🚗🤖👩💻 Honda Canada Foundation Announces $375,000 Partnership With FIRST Robotics Canada
Wednesday, 15 March 2023 04:36.PM
- Recognizing National Engineering Month with multi-year partnership to support FIRST Robotics Competitions and 30 school teams -
Honda Canada Foundation (HCF) kicks off National Engineering Month by planting the STEM seeds for another generation, contributing $375,000 over three years to FIRST Robotics Canada. HCF's program sponsorship will support FIRST Robotics Competitions at the provincial and championship levels. 30 high-school teams will each receive $2,000 to build impressive robots to compete. HCF continues its support for programs that encourage education in engineering and technology with hands-on activities for children and youth interested in the fields of science.
"Honda Canada Foundation extends its partnership with FIRST Robotics Canada as we are excited to be a part of their positive influence and exceptional programming for years to come," said Tony Facciolo, Chair of the Honda Canada Foundation. "Engineering and STEM are at the heart of our values at Honda, and we naturally feel it is important to inspire and support the next generation of innovators and problem solvers. We look forward to seeing the best in robotics built from scratch by students competing at the FIRST Robotics Competitions."
"FIRST Robotics Canada is a leader in youth STEM opportunities, and we are excited to be back to full capacity at our events this year," said David Ellis, President FIRST Robotics Canada. "To close the STEM skills gap, we need businesses and communities engaged and working together to help young people prepare for an ever-changing workforce. Our generous sponsors help to make the magic happen! We are thrilled to have the Honda Canada Foundation support our programs and youth for the next three years and to continue to inspire and open pathways for more kids."
FIRST Robotic Competition is an annual competition where high school student teams under strict rules and limited time and resources, use sophisticated technology to build and program industrial-sized robots to play an action-packed, alliance-based game on a themed field. With professional mentors and sponsors, students learn engineering and problem-solving skills that they can apply to real-world situations today and in the future. Each team, while also fundraising to meet their goals, design a team "brand," and advance respect and appreciation for STEM within the local community.
The 2022-2023 season energy theme challenges FIRST teams to reimagine the future of sustainable energy and power their ideas forward. FIRST Robotics Competition teams will unlock the power of engineering to transform renewable energy and power a better future.
SOURCE: Honda Canada Inc.
- 28-Sep-2023 12:00 PM JOBS Leadership Doubt Index: New Workplace Survey Reveals Successful Leaders Struggle With Chronic Doubt About Their Leadership
- 28-Sep-2023 12:00 PM JOBS Minister O'Regan Releases the What We Heard Report on Banning Replacement Workers and Improving the Maintenance of Activities Process
- 26-Sep-2023 02:23 PM JOBS Canada Employment Insurance Commission confirms 2024 Employment Insurance premium rate
- 26-Sep-2023 10:21 AM JOBS Amazon is Hiring More than 6,000 Employees in Canada to Help Deliver Great Holiday Experiences
- 20-Sep-2023 08:00 AM ONTARIO JOBS 👨⚕️🏥👩⚕️Ontario Midwives Deliver Essential Paramedic Training in Childbirth Emergencies
- 18-Sep-2023 12:00 PM JOBS 🍁 Canada Announces First-Ever Category-Based Selection Invitations for Newcomers with Work Experience in Transport
- 11-Sep-2023 10:16 AM 💻 Canadian Fintech Investment Drops to Pandemic-Era Levels in The First Half of the Year
- 24-Aug-2023 04:20 PM JOBS Google.Org Commits $2.5 Million to Npower Canada To Continue Reskilling Canadians for Meaningful Careers in Tech
- 22-Aug-2023 02:42 PM JOBS 🍁 Government of Canada Releases Updated Plan to Put Spectrum To Work for Canadians
- 17-Aug-2023 02:48 PM JOBS 🍁 Helping More Canadians Build Careers In Skilled Trades