News and Media Reports Archive
🛒🛍️ Shoppers Drug Mart to Transition from Single-Use Plastic Shopping Bags Starting January 31
30-Jan-2023 08:22 PM
- Customers will have a variety of reusable alternatives available at checkout lanes - Shoppers Drug Mart announced today that it will begin to transition away from single-use plastic shopping bags across all stores starting January 31, encouraging customers to bring their own bags when shopping. Today's announcement is another way the company is ...
Taxpayers' Ombudsperson Recommends Ways To Improve Communication From The Canada Revenue Agency
30-Jan-2023 06:40 PM
The Taxpayers' Ombudsperson, Mr. François Boileau, released The Lockout: Communication Was the Key. This report examined the communications the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) provided to taxpayers after it locked out some users from their CRA accounts in mid-February 2021 in an effort to protect accounts that could have been compromised. Many affected ...
JOBS ⚕️💵 Canadians Say More Health Care Workers Are Needed To Fix Our System
30-Jan-2023 04:14 PM
People living in Canada love their universal accessible system of health care. Despite that, Canadians agree that we are in a health crisis. In a recent Abacus Data poll, commissioned by the National Union of Public and General Employees (NUPGE), Canadians named 3 main things as the drivers in the crisis: • A shortage of health care workers due ...
Ukrainians Who Documented Siege Of Mariupol To Receive CJFE International Press Freedom Award
30-Jan-2023 02:27 PM
Canadian Journalists for Free Expression is proud to announce it will award one of its prestigious International Press Freedom Award to the courageous Ukrainian journalists who documented the horrific Russian siege of Mariupol. The award will be presented at CJFE's 23rd Annual Gala: A Night to Honour Courageous Reporting. The Associated Press team ...
Plumcare RWE And Lifebit Partnered On Greece's Newborn Genomic Sequencing Program
30-Jan-2023 12:00 PM
- PlumCare RWE and Lifebit enter a three-year partnership to support Greece's pioneering national newborn genomic sequencing program, BeginNGS. - Researchers will be able to access and analyse data securely in combination with global cohorts, whilst ensuring data is kept safe, private and in place in their secure environment using Lifebit's ...
PortsToronto Allies with #NotInMyCity and Toronto Police Service to Deliver Human Trafficking Awareness Learning to Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport Staff and Partners
30-Jan-2023 10:22 AM
- Working together to help disrupt human trafficking in our region - PortsToronto launched a new education program at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport to help disrupt human trafficking in Canadian airports in collaboration with #NotInMyCity and the Toronto Police Service (TPS) Human Trafficking Unit. Founded by country superstar Paul Brandt, ...
JOBS More Than Half of Canadian Companies Anticipate Increased Hiring in the First Half of 2023 Amid Economic Uncertainty
30-Jan-2023 08:05 AM
- 51 per cent plan to add permanent positions; 65 per cent expect to bring in more contract staff - Despite market volatility, more than half of companies across the country have plans to hire early this year, research from talent solutions and business consulting firm Robert Half shows. According to the company's State of Canadian Hiring Survey ...
⚕️🚗 Health in Transportation Releases New Smartphone Face-Scanning Application Aimed at Uncovering Potentially Serious Health Concerns in Professional Drivers
29-Jan-2023 04:17 PM
- The CDL Health Scanner is a product of Health in Transportation. NuraLogix does not hold any liability for any applications distributed under the Health in Transportation name. - NuraLogix technology, service and products do not uncover, nor identify life-threatening health conditions. NuraLogix technology, service and products are intended to ...
Small Business Confidence Remains Muted In January; Government Can Help By Addressing The Rising Cost Of Doing Business
29-Jan-2023 12:00 PM
Small business confidence over the long term remained stable but low, according to the latest Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) Business Barometer®. The 12-month index gained 0.5 points, reaching 51.4 index points in January. "Small business confidence seems to be better but there's still a lot of uncertainty in the economy. For ...
⚕️ 360,000 Quebecers Will Be Living With A Neurocognitive Disorder By 2050: On February 8, Let's Focus On Scientific Advances And Innovative Practices
28-Jan-2023 04:22 PM
- The Alzheimer Society of Montreal will hold its 4th Annual Barclay Family Symposium on February 8, 2023 at the Plaza Centre-ville, where some 20 leading experts and specialists will share their best practices related to neurocognitive disorders - On February 8, the Alzheimer Society of Montreal will hold the fourth annual Barclay Family ...
Hydro One Makes Significant Investment To Improve Reliability And Resiliency In Toronto's Downtown Core
28-Jan-2023 12:00 PM
- Project will benefit the city's most critical institutions, including Hospital Row - On January 23, Hydro One launched construction on a new tunnel that will run 85ft below ground in downtown Toronto, from the Esplanade to Bay and Dundas. The tunnel will be 12ft in diameter, approximately the size of three park benches, and will house new ...
JOBS 🧑🚀 Government Of Canada Supports Commercial Space Launches In Canada
27-Jan-2023 12:04 PM
Since the early 1980s, Canada's astronauts have advanced science and technology and inspired Canadians. Nine extraordinary Canadian Space Agency astronauts have flown to space 17 times. Expanding Canadian space launch capability will bring economic opportunity for the Canadian space sector, not only in urban centres but also in regions, encourage ...
Government Of Canada Announces Projects In Kingston To Support Seniors
27-Jan-2023 10:34 AM
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the Government of Canada has helped millions of Canadians, including seniors, by providing them with supports and benefits related to COVID–19. As Canada emerges from the pandemic, the Government of Canada will continue to support community organizations that make a difference and create opportunities for ...
🏘️ Current Economic Conditions Are Having A Substantial Impact On Canadians' Home Renovation Plans In The Year Ahead, According To Recent Study
27-Jan-2023 08:00 AM
- The Financeit Consumer Lending Survey reveals that younger Canadians in particular are postponing renovation plans in light of affordability challenges - (Financeit) - Current economic conditions are having a substantial impact on Canadians' home renovation plans in the year ahead, as revealed in a recent study commissioned by FinanceIt Canada ...
The Countdown is On! Set To Open This Spring, Zellers Unveils The First 25 Locations For Its Store Experience inside Hudson's Bay Stores
26-Jan-2023 06:45 PM
2023 has arrived, and with it, Zellers on the horizon. The beloved Canadian brand is thrilled to announce the planned locations for its first 25 Zellers store experiences within Hudson's Bay. Opening in communities across the country, the brick-and-mortar locations will complement the first-ever Zellers.ca ecommerce site, ultimately bringing ...
🛥️ 2023 Toronto International Boat Show. The Most Beautiful Yachts (4K HDR)
26-Jan-2023 12:00 PM
Come and see the most beautiful yachts and boats showcased at the Enercare Centre Toronto. Proud to be celebrating 65 years, 2023 Toronto International Boat Show, returns to EX Toronto. The Toronto Boat Show is the boating event of the year, and best place to discover the latest trends and innovations, to connect directly with boat dealers and ...
COVID-19 👑🦠 Statement from the Chief Medical Officer of Health
26-Jan-2023 08:00 AM
Today, Dr. Kieran Moore, Chief Medical Officer of Health, issued the following statement providing an update on the province’s progress responding to this year’s respiratory illness season: “Thanks to the ongoing resilience and commitment of Ontarians, we are seeing a decline in respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), flu and COVID activity throughout ...
JOBS 🤾♀️🚵 A Total Rewards Strategy Differentiates Organizations From Competitors in a Challenging Labor Market, Says HR Advisory Firm McLean & Company
26-Jan-2023 12:00 AM
- A Total Rewards strategy uses the employee experience lens to understand the full spectrum of employee needs and meets them with offerings, resulting in improved engagement and retention. - In an ever-evolving labor market, talent attraction and retention are critical organizational functions. Pressures in the external environment and shifting ...
💵 88% Of Small Business Owners Have Positive Outlook For 2023
25-Jan-2023 04:31 PM
- Latest State of Small Business Survey from IOU Financial also reveals stronger-than-expected performance in 2022, positive current state and decreased concerns about the future - IOU FINANCIAL INC., a leading online lender to small businesses, published their January 2023 State of Small Business Survey revealing a positive outlook for small ...
Olympic Games Paris 2024 Official Hospitality Program Now Open to the General Public
25-Jan-2023 02:23 PM
Paris 2024 and On Location – the official and exclusive Hospitality provider for the Olympic and Paralympic Games – today launched a dedicated global e-commerce platform offering customizable Olympic Games Hospitality to the general public for the first time ever. Fans across the globe can now access official Paris 2024 Hospitality packages at a ...
Tech Downturn Slashes Billions From Value Of World's Top Brands
25-Jan-2023 12:00 PM
- Amazon is world's most valuable brand, despite losing US$51 billion in value. - Tech brands fall in value, Apple loses its top ranking, down US$57.6 billion. - Tesla and BYD are amongst the world's fastest-growing brands as sustainability-focused brands win big. - Inaugural Sustainability Perceptions Index measures value of brands' reputation for ...
It's Good To Belong: New Research Examines The Influence Of Employee Belonging On Wellbeing, Quiet Quitting, And Employee Engagement
25-Jan-2023 10:13 AM
- Findings reveal women are less comfortable talking about mental health in the workplace, while women of color are more likely to have considered quitting due to mental health and wellbeing needs - LifeSpeak Inc. a leading global workplace wellbeing solution for employers and health plans, today released the findings of a new research study that ...
Housing Starts Activity Remained High In 2022 And December Trended Slightly Lower
25-Jan-2023 08:00 AM
The standalone monthly SAAR of total housing starts for all areas in Canada declined 5% in December (248,625 units) compared to November (263,022 units) according to Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC). The SAAR of total urban starts also declined 5%, with 227,708 units recorded in December. Multi-unit urban starts decreased 4% to ...
Canadians Among Global Leaders In Internet Usage And Smartphone Ownership, Pew Research Center Study Shows
24-Jan-2023 06:34 PM
- Government data also reveals declining prices as usage of the internet and smartphones has increased - Last year, 95% of adult Canadians reported using the internet, whether on a computer or smartphone, according to a new study published in December 2022 by Pew Research Center. Canadian internet and smartphone users are also consuming more data ...