New York Times best-selling author, Martin Lindstrom launches new COVID-safe travel tips e-book
13-Aug-2020 08:00 AM
- From handbags and in-flight socks to remote controls and clothes hangers, Lindstrom shines a light on the pitfalls to avoid when travelling this new COVID-19 World. - New York Times best-selling author and behavioural psychologist, Martin Lindstrom, in association with Intertek Protek, has recently launched a COVID-safe travel tips e-book ...
Alcon Canada introduces PRECISION1® Contact Lenses
12-Aug-2020 06:26 PM
- New daily disposable lens launches as solution for new contact lens wearers. - Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is pleased to launch the latest innovation to its robust contact lens portfolio in Canada, PRECISION1® daily disposable, silicone hydrogel (SiHy) contact lenses. Designed to address the common issues that cause 1-in-5 new ...
Kaléo and the pan-Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance (pCPA) Complete Negotiations for ALLERJECT® (epinephrine injection, USP) A
12-Aug-2020 04:33 PM
- Kaléo and the pan-Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance (pCPA) complete negotiations for ALLERJECT® (epinephrine injection, USP) auto-injector. - Ontario* and Quebec* public drug plans are first to list ALLERJECT with other provinces expected to follow soon. - ALLERJECT is also covered by the largest private insurance plans across Canada. - Kaléo, ...
Presented by Red Barrels - MEGAMIGS 2020: a Virtual Edition for Video Games Experts and Fans
12-Aug-2020 02:22 PM
The number one event of the video game industry in Canada is planned according to a new formula this year: the training and careers part will be held September 25-26 and the business development, conferences and industry showcase part will be held November 12-13. More than 2,500 fans, international experts, commercial delegates, students, ...
Davie makes history with return of Royal Canadian Navy frigates
12-Aug-2020 10:18 AM
- HMCS St. John's welcomed by naval and government leaders. - Initial $500M contract to rise in value as new work added. - Up to 400 well-paid jobs to be created at Davie. - Davie, Canada's largest, longest-established and highest capacity shipbuilder made history today with the official launch of the long-term naval frigate maintenance and ...
Women entrepreneurs face structural inequalities which are exacerbated by COVID-19
12-Aug-2020 08:00 AM
The Women Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub (WEKH) released The State of Women's Entrepreneurship in Canada 2020, the first annual report. The report synthesizes government, academic, and expert research to highlight some of the structural barriers facing diverse women entrepreneurs in Canada. The research shows clearly that COVID-19 has amplified ...
Ontario venture to combat unemployment in a new way
11-Aug-2020 08:15 PM
- Fight Unemployment combines small business solutions and public engagement to shift spending and keep more money on mainstreets post-COVID. - Janette MacDonald and Greg Plante are inviting small businesses, business improvement areas (BIAs) and municipalities to think differently about combatting job loss post-COVID with their new business, ...
Hudson's Bay and Team Canada reveal Official Tokyo 2020 Collection
11-Aug-2020 06:35 PM
- New Collection supports the Team Canada Return To Sport program. - On Monday, Hudson's Bay, the Canadian Olympic Committee and the Canadian Paralympic Committee revealed the Tokyo 2020 Team Canada Collection athletes will wear at the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2021. The launch supports the Team Canada Return To Sport program as athletes ...
RCMP partners with the Dominican Republic to help in the fight against child sexual abuse
11-Aug-2020 05:07 PM
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in many families, including children, spending time in isolation. With more kids at home and online, predators are noticing and taking advantage. Canada has already reported increases in the number of cases involving online sexual exploitation of children. But the problem of child exploitation extends far ...
Government of Canada temporarily sets a minimum unemployment rate for the Employment Insurance program
11-Aug-2020 03:25 PM
Since the beginning of the pandemic the Government of Canada has taken action to provide Canadians with the health and financial support needed to help contain the spread of COVID-19. Since it was launched, the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) has been an important income support for over 8.5 million Canadians and their families, who have ...
COVID-19 CEOs: Post-Covid changes are permanent and there are more to come
11-Aug-2020 12:00 PM
- A new PwC survey of CEOs across the globe looks at the outlook for growth and the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the way businesses operate now and in the future. - According to CEOs, shifts towards remote working, automation and low-density offices are here to stay. - Climate change, supply chain safety and adapting the customer experience ...
Food Recall Warning Onions grown by Thomson International Inc. and imported from the USA r
11-Aug-2020 10:30 AM
The food recall warning issued on August 1, 2020 has been updated to include additional distribution information. This additional information was identified during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's (CFIA) food safety investigation. Industry is recalling red, yellow, white, and sweet yellow onions grown by Thomson International Inc., ...
Canadian housing starts increased in July
11-Aug-2020 08:15 AM
The trend in housing starts was 204,376 units in July 2020, up from 199,778 units in June 2020, according to Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC). This trend measure is a six-month moving average of the monthly seasonally adjusted annual rates (SAAR) of housing starts. "The national trend in housing starts increased for a second month in ...
THRIVE II: This Is What It Takes releases trailer August 8th for sequel to one of the top watched documentaries of all time
10-Aug-2020 06:37 PM
THRIVE: What on Earth Will it Take? is one of the most widely viewed documentaries in history with over 90 million views across 27 different languages. Released in November 2011, the unconventional documentary lifted the veil on what is truly happening in our world by uncovering the global consolidation of power in nearly every aspect of our lives. ...
Angry Miao Releases CYBERBOARD, the World's First Mechanical Keyboard with Custom LED Panel on Indiegogo
10-Aug-2020 04:35 PM
Angry Miao, a native digital vertical brand focused on revolutionizing desktop products, has made its debut into the desktop technology market with the CYBERBOARD, a custom cyberpunk mechanical keyboard and the first of its kind to feature a customizable LED panel. The CYBERBOARD was officially launched on Indiegogo at 10 am PT. The limited ...
Quebec's metal scene lends its voices to video game creatures
10-Aug-2020 12:00 PM
- The Monster Factory launches its website and first video teaser. - Created in 2018 by Sébastien Croteau, Corinne Cardinal and Jeffrey Mac Dermott, The Monster Factory launches its website today. From now on, video game and film companies will be able to hear our members' voices, learn about the productions they have worked on and contact them ...
Official Launch of the 360 Edition of the Montréal Pride Festival
10-Aug-2020 10:19 AM
- 7 days of celebrations with more than 150 artists, 60 events, 6 DJ sets, 1 T Dance and 8 shows!. - The 360 Edition of the Montréal Pride Festival was officially launched this morning at an event presented online and on MAtv. From August 10 to 16, 2020, more than 150 artists, 60 activities, 6 DJ sets and 8 free shows will take place over the 7 ...
Food Recall Warning - Onions grown by Thomson International Inc. recalled due to Salmonella
09-Aug-2020 06:33 PM
List of recalled products - https://www.inspection.gc... The food recall warning issued on August 1, 2020 has been updated to include additional product information. This additional information was identified during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's (CFIA) food safety investigation. Industry is recalling various products made with onions ...
Certain hand sanitizers containing technical-grade ethanol may pose health risks
08-Aug-2020 07:00 PM
Health Canada is advising Canadians that the following hand sanitizers, which contain technical-grade ethanol, may pose health risks. For more information, including what Canadians should do, visit the online safety alert. Canadians are also advised to refer to the list of hand sanitizers that contain ethanol or denaturants that are not acceptable ...
COVID-19 Most Canadians are afraid to return their workplace
07-Aug-2020 08:00 AM
- A new KPMG Workforce Safeguarding App helps companies reopen their physical workplace safely during the pandemic. - More than half (54 per cent) of Canadians are afraid to return to the workplace given just how contagious the COVID-19 virus is, and six in 10 will refuse to go back if they feel it's not safe enough, finds a new poll by KPMG in ...
Teachers, parents and students are preparing for major changes
06-Aug-2020 10:31 AM
- This back to school season, Staples is ready to help Canadians adapt to the new school environment. - - Health and safety are a top priority this back to school season and Staples Canada is helping students and teachers create a healthy classroom whether at home or at school. - To meet the shopping preferences of its customers, staples.ca ...
Global Fund COVID-19 Report: Deaths from HIV, TB and Malaria Could Almost Double in 12 Months Unless Urgent Action is Taken
26-Jun-2020 04:04 PM
A new report released by the Global Fund today estimates that countries affected by HIV, tuberculosis and malaria urgently need US$28.5 billion to protect the extraordinary progress achieved in the fight against the three diseases in the past two decades. The report, Mitigating the Impact of COVID-19 on Countries Affected by HIV, Tuberculosis and ...
RBC provides financial boost to support future Olympians during pandemic
26-Jun-2020 02:33 PM
- RBC's investment will support the programming needs of National Sport Organizations involved in RBC Training Ground. - RBC announced an investment of $230,000 CAD to support the Next Generation programming needs of each National Sport Organization (NSO) involved in its nation-wide talent identification and athlete funding program, RBC Training ...
Lavazza Drive-In Film Festival Launches in Toronto July 20th
26-Jun-2020 12:00 PM
- The ICFF, presented by IC Savings, and CHIN Radio/TV will host a new initiative this summer at Ontario Place, featuring an incredible line-up of the latest international films representing countries hardest hit by COVID-19. - ICFF, presented by IC Savings, is teaming up with multicultural media company CHIN Radio/TV, in partnership with Ontario ...