New health projects empower Indigenous communities to address chronic diseases
25-Oct-2020 10:22 AM
Indigenous communities burdened with up to three times the national rates of chronic diseases now have access to an innovative health project fund established by Bimaadzwin and Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada) Ltd. These community-driven pilot projects – specifically aimed at reducing type 2 diabetes and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease – are ...
A marathon not a sprint: Alberta economy forecasted to need time to recover
24-Oct-2020 06:12 PM
ATB Financial's newest Alberta Economic Outlook shows our province's real GDP will grow by approximately 3.3 per cent in 2021 but it will take some time before the economy catches up to where it was before the global pandemic. Although economic activity has risen since the spring lockdown, Alberta's economy will be about 7 per cent smaller in 2020 ...
X2O Media and Executive Education HEC Montréal Partner to Launch an Immersive X2O Virtual Classroom
24-Oct-2020 04:18 PM
X2O Media, global provider of virtual collaboration technology for education and enterprise, today announced the launch of its first installation of the X2O Virtual Classroom in Canada. Executive Education HEC Montréal has selected X2O Media to provide an immersive virtual classroom for the renowned business school to deliver engaging online ...
U.S. Economic Loss Escalates as Record Wildfires Raged in September, According to Aon Catastrophe Report
24-Oct-2020 10:22 AM
- Storms Sally and Beta added to human and financial loss from natural hazard events. - Aon plc, a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions, today launched the latest edition of its monthly Global Catastrophe Recap report, which evaluates the impact of the natural disaster events ...
Holt Renfrew Launches Saints & Sinners Haircare in Canada
23-Oct-2020 04:09 PM
- H Project, Clean Beauty + Approved. - Luxury Performance, No Bad Stuff® brand Saints & Sinners Haircare is pleased to announce their partnership with Canada's premier retailer of luxury goods, Holt Renfrew! In today's current climate of uncertainty, retailers are being extremely cautious. Saints & Sinners clean, high-performing formulas and ...
Expedia survey reveals Canadians reached their 'tripping point' less than 30 days into lockdown
23-Oct-2020 02:18 PM
Expedia® reveals the latest phenomenon in pandemic travel behaviour – the 'tripping point'. The tripping point is defined as the intense need for a break from the routine and the moment at which day-to-day responsibilities become too much and result in the desperate need for a change of scenery. For many adults, it would be an understatement to say ...
35th annual Grand Prix will celebrate Montréal's arts community in a free, all-virtual awards ceremony!
23-Oct-2020 12:00 PM
The Conseil des arts de Montréal (CAM) is pleased to announce that its 35th annual Grand Prix will be awarded on November 12, 2020. Artists, elected officials, partners and all Montrealers are invited to celebrate the city's arts community at the first virtual edition of the Grand Prix awards ceremony. The free event will be streamed live and ...
Canadian housing starts trend sees little change in September
23-Oct-2020 10:22 AM
The trend in housing starts was 214,647 units in September 2020, up from 212,609 units in August 2020, according to Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC). This trend measure is a six-month moving average of the monthly seasonally adjusted annual rates (SAAR) of housing starts. "The national trend in housing starts was largely unchanged in ...
Online harassment is silencing girls online, driving them from Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
23-Oct-2020 08:00 AM
- Six in ten girls surveyed in Canada have experienced online abuse and harassment, Plan International Canada research shows. - Today, international child rights' organization Plan International Canada released the findings of a global survey of 14,000 girls aged 15–25 in 22 countries including Canada, which showed that more than half (58 per ...
Dark Days for Toronto's live music venues: New study finds venues at risk of business failure
22-Oct-2020 06:38 PM
- Study calls for immediate action to support live music venues in Toronto. - A new study measuring the economic and cultural impact of Toronto's live music venues was released today at a virtual news conference by the City of Toronto and the Canadian Live Music Association, in partnership with Downtown Yonge Business Improvement Area and Ontario ...
Africa HR Solutions: The benefits of Mauritius as an African payroll outsourcing centre
22-Oct-2020 04:18 PM
Whilst Mauritius has already established itself as a leading International Financial Centre supporting investments into emerging markets, it has also developed into a preferred destination for business process outsourcing, particularly for companies doing business in Africa. According to the Economic Development Board of Mauritius, the ICT/BPO ...
COVID-19 DCAO Solutions launches a prevention and protection system for spaces against CO
22-Oct-2020 02:23 PM
DCAO Solutions announces the launch of its unique system, designed in Canada, to protect spaces from COVID-19. The system protects all users of a manufacturing facility, business, medical clinic or other indoor space and even outdoor entertainment spaces. The system meets the specific needs of all buildings where human presence is necessary. This ...
Working Canadians turning to virtual support as they struggle with mental and financial health
22-Oct-2020 12:00 PM
- Survey shows insurers and employers play a significant role in supporting employee wellbeing. - While the pandemic continues to affect Canadian businesses, it's clear that employee mental health and overall wellbeing is suffering as they face fears about the transmission of COVID-19, financial uncertainty, and deal with the impacts of long term ...
Omnipresent now present in 143 countries around the world, helping companies employ anytime, anywhere
22-Oct-2020 10:22 AM
- What is Omnipresent - Catalysed by Covid-19, everyone is now working remotely. Without a need to be colocated, many people have realised they can work from wherever they want, and many are relocating. At the same time, many employers have realised the benefits of working remotely and are opening up their hiring to a global talent pool. However, ...
New interest relief measure to provide much-needed help to Canada Student Loan borrowers on medical or parental leave
22-Oct-2020 08:00 AM
- More than 7,000 borrowers a year to benefit. - Supporting students and young Canadians is one of the most important investments a government can make to ensure a stronger economy and a better future. This has never been more important than now, at a time when Canada's young people have been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic, with summer jobs and ...
New medical spa & facial rejuvenation hub opens in Toronto
21-Oct-2020 06:15 PM
-D Luxe Lab brings a leading level of personalization to Yorkville. - D Luxe Lab is now open providing the best personalized aesthetic treatments combined with industry-leading products, technologies and professionals. What's more, D Luxe Lab is focused on serving discerning clientele with excellence, understanding discretion and natural results ...
As More Schools Move to Hybrid or Virtual Learning, Construct Working with Canvas to Improve Online Learning Experiences for
21-Oct-2020 04:32 PM
- With growing emphasis on virtual learning, online program enablement is more important than ever. - As more schools respond to COVID-19 exposure with hybrid or virtual learning this fall, educational technology providers focus on delivering interactive online learning that engages students. That is why Construct, a global leader in learning ...
Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters Statement in Response to Federal Government's Plan to Ban Single-Use Plastics
21-Oct-2020 02:22 PM
- Proposed plan raises concerns with Canada's manufacturers. - Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters President and CEO Dennis Darby issued the following statement today in response to the federal government's long-awaited ban on single-use plastics: "The federal government has long stated its desire to ban single-use plastics in Canada without ...
Survey: 33% of Workers Are More Burned Out Than a Year Ago
21-Oct-2020 12:00 PM
- Heavier Workloads Cited as Top Reason for Increased Fatigue, According to Robert Half Survey. - Drowning in work and feeling drained? Many professionals are, new research from global staffing firm Robert Half shows. One-third of workers surveyed (33 per cent) said they are more burned out on the job today compared to a year ago. Of those ...
COVID-19 First reusable, environmentally friendly N99 mask manufactured in Canada
21-Oct-2020 10:25 AM
- With the arrival of the pandemic's second wave, mass production of Dorma 99 masks will help meet the protection needs of Canadian healthcare workers. - Dorma Filtration has received its Medical Device Establishment Licence (MDEL) from Health Canada to market the first N99 mask entirely designed and manufactured in Canada. Production of this ...
Walmart Canada hiring 10,000 more associates
21-Oct-2020 08:00 AM
- Associates needed for many roles to help serve customers. - Walmart Canada is seeking to immediately hire 10,000 new associates as the business grows and offers customers the very best shopping experience. Now, for the first time ever at Walmart Canada, interested applicants can text 780780 to land right on the application page for a variety of ...
HelpMeSee Launches Revolutionary Technology in Response to the Global Cataract Crisis
20-Oct-2020 06:38 PM
- Not-for-profit campaign announces medical training breakthrough with its Eye Surgery Simulator. - HelpMeSee, the not-for-profit global campaign to end cataract blindness, today announced a landmark achievement in medical simulation training with the completion of its Eye Surgery Simulator. Equipped with sensory touch feedback and realistic ...
Morneau Shepell launches unified telemedicine solution to enhance Canadians' total wellbeing
20-Oct-2020 04:26 PM
- Company enters growing telemedicine market through its LifeWorks' business. - Morneau Shepell, Canada's largest provider of wellbeing and mental health solutions, has expanded into the rapidly growing telemedicine market to provide the employees of Canadian clients and their families with easier, more convenient access to digital health care ...
Acadia University Unveils its First EV Fast Charger
20-Oct-2020 02:33 PM
The Government of Canada is committed to building a clean energy future to strengthen the economy, create good jobs and support our natural resource sectors. This commitment will be more important than ever as we reopen the economy and plan our recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. Kody Blois, Member of Parliament for Kings–Hants, on behalf of the ...