2019 AutoShow. Genesis Essentia Concept
Saturday, February 23, 2019 4:39:00 PM
The all-electric, high-performance concept elevates and reimagines the “Athletic Elegance” design paradigm, while providing a vision of future Genesis product performance and technology.
Essentia is the brand’s initial concept for a trueGT car and challenges the status quo asthe ultimate manifestation of Genesis design and engineering.
Essentia is the brand’s first battery electricvehicle and features a lightweight carbon-fiber monocoque,a robust, multi-motor electric powertrain, and a custom-tailored interior.
Essentia takes its inspiration from iconic Gran Turismo proportions,with a long bonnet and a swept-back cabin. Finished in Stardust Gray Metallic,the carbon fiber-bodied Essentia is positioned low to the ground intentionally,to make it instantly recognizable through a graceful silhouette.
Its front fascia introduces an evolution of the Genesis Crest Grille that highlights efficiency and aerodynamics.
The side profile of Essentia is dominated by the iconic parabolic line that provides visual structure to the body while also emphasizing its overall length.
The rear of Essentia is defined by an aerodynamic cut-off surface that houses the flush rear Quad Lights and emphasizes the muscles of the rear haunch.
The underlying design theory behind the cabin of Essentia was to maximize the connection betweencar and driver. Essentia was designed to be thoroughly connected to the world around it,while providing its occupants a virtual escape.
The interior of Essentia utilizes a mixed-material approach influenced by high fashion and classic color combinations. Cognac leather seats with chevron quilting envelops the driver and passengers in true cockpit fashion.
Ahead of the driver is an 8-inch widescreen display with piano black surround. The information in the cluster includes only what is necessary for driving. The widescreen display is operated by a jewel-like central controller, providing a fulfilling user experience for both driver and front passenger.
- 29-Feb-2020 08:53 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Welcome to the Future of Driving Special Tour
- 29-Feb-2020 08:50 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Welcome to the Future of Driving Special Tour (4K, images)
- 26-Feb-2020 09:58 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Performance and Electrification (4K, images)
- 25-Feb-2020 10:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Performance and Electrification
- 24-Feb-2020 12:16 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Make Time For Amazing With Lexus (4K, images)
- 24-Feb-2020 12:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Make Time For Amazing With Lexus
- 23-Feb-2020 10:15 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. MINI John Cooper Most Powerful Models
- 23-Feb-2020 08:00 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. MINI John Cooper Most Powerful Models
- 22-Feb-2020 04:46 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. TOYOTA Electrified (4K, images)
- 22-Feb-2020 12:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. TOYOTA Electrified