Upcoming Event: Redpath Waterfront Festival Returns to Toronto with a Splash!
Thursday, 21 April 2022 08:00.AM
- The annual festival announces 2022 dates and programming. -
The Redpath Waterfront Festival (RWF) today announced its return to Toronto’s waterfront with its first in-person festival after two years. From September 17-18, 2022, visitors are invited to a ‘Water Weekend’ which will take place in HTO Park and Sugar Beach. The Festival will celebrate the last weekend of summer by featuring unique on-land and on-water programs including Parks Canada, the Royal Canadian Navy and Theodore TOO Tugboat.
Last year, due to COVID-19, the Redpath Waterfront Festival was reimagined into a two kilometer socially distanced trail featuring augmented reality, art installations, and local promotions, called the Redpath Waterfront Trail. This year, the festival’s co-producers are excited to return to their roots with a unique two-day festival that will celebrate all-things water.
“After a challenging two years for everyone, we are thrilled to return to Toronto’s waterfront for a weekend of fun, alongside our amazing partners and local waterfront businesses,” said Lea Parrell, Co-producer of the Redpath Waterfront Festival. “From live entertainment to Theodore TOO, this year’s festival will show that the best of times are when you just add water!”
• See an exciting lineup of local talent on the RBCxMusic Stage in HTO Park and the Bayside Village Stage in Sugar Beach.
• Say ‘Toot Toot’ to Theodore TOO Tugboat, the 65-foot working replica of the original TV character.
• Visit with the Parks Canada team to learn about protecting the ocean and snap a selfie with their giant inflatable Beaver.
• Meet the Royal Canadian Navy crew and learn about what it takes to be a sailor.
• Enjoy interactive cultural activities with Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, Moccasin Identifier and Indigenous Tourism Ontario.
• Enjoy delicious eats from local food trucks at the Billy Bishop Airport Picnic Lounge.
• More details and programming to be announced in the coming months.
2022 festival partners include: Redpath Sugar, The Waterfront BIA, Tridel, Hines, First Capital, RBC Royal Bank, Billy Bishop Airport, Porter Airlines, Westin Harbour Castle and CTV.
SOURCE: Redpath Waterfront Festival
- 29-Apr-2022 12:00 PM Upcoming event: Toronto History Museums to permanently provide free general admission year-round
- 29-Apr-2022 10:22 AM Upcoming event: Toot-Toot if you're coming! Redpath Waterfront Festival IS Coming Back
- 19-Apr-2022 05:13 PM Upcoming Event: The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair Returns To Celebrate A Century Of Champions
- 10-Oct-2019 10:38 PM 2019 Seabin Project in Toronto's Inner Harbour (4K, images)
- 10-Oct-2019 08:45 PM 2019 Seabin Project in Toronto's Inner Harbour
- 04-Jul-2019 07:16 PM 2019 Redpath Waterfront Festival. Learn To Sail a Tall Ship with St.Lawrence II (4K, images)
- 04-Jul-2019 12:00 PM 2019 Redpath Waterfront Festival. Learn To Sail a Tall Ship with St.Lawrence II
- 03-Jul-2019 10:14 AM 2019 Redpath Waterfront Festival. STV Playfair Meets Tall Ships Toronto.
- 03-Jul-2019 05:58 AM 2019 Redpath Waterfront Festival. STV Playfair Meets Tall Ships Toronto (4K, images)
- 01-Jul-2019 01:04 PM 2019 Redpath Waterfront Festival. Spectacular View of the Tall Ships Parade (4K, images)