Upcoming Event: Redpath Waterfront Festival Returns to Toronto with a Splash!
Thursday, 21 April 2022 08:00.AM
- The annual festival announces 2022 dates and programming. -
The Redpath Waterfront Festival (RWF) today announced its return to Toronto’s waterfront with its first in-person festival after two years. From September 17-18, 2022, visitors are invited to a ‘Water Weekend’ which will take place in HTO Park and Sugar Beach. The Festival will celebrate the last weekend of summer by featuring unique on-land and on-water programs including Parks Canada, the Royal Canadian Navy and Theodore TOO Tugboat.
Last year, due to COVID-19, the Redpath Waterfront Festival was reimagined into a two kilometer socially distanced trail featuring augmented reality, art installations, and local promotions, called the Redpath Waterfront Trail. This year, the festival’s co-producers are excited to return to their roots with a unique two-day festival that will celebrate all-things water.
“After a challenging two years for everyone, we are thrilled to return to Toronto’s waterfront for a weekend of fun, alongside our amazing partners and local waterfront businesses,” said Lea Parrell, Co-producer of the Redpath Waterfront Festival. “From live entertainment to Theodore TOO, this year’s festival will show that the best of times are when you just add water!”
• See an exciting lineup of local talent on the RBCxMusic Stage in HTO Park and the Bayside Village Stage in Sugar Beach.
• Say ‘Toot Toot’ to Theodore TOO Tugboat, the 65-foot working replica of the original TV character.
• Visit with the Parks Canada team to learn about protecting the ocean and snap a selfie with their giant inflatable Beaver.
• Meet the Royal Canadian Navy crew and learn about what it takes to be a sailor.
• Enjoy interactive cultural activities with Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, Moccasin Identifier and Indigenous Tourism Ontario.
• Enjoy delicious eats from local food trucks at the Billy Bishop Airport Picnic Lounge.
• More details and programming to be announced in the coming months.
2022 festival partners include: Redpath Sugar, The Waterfront BIA, Tridel, Hines, First Capital, RBC Royal Bank, Billy Bishop Airport, Porter Airlines, Westin Harbour Castle and CTV.
SOURCE: Redpath Waterfront Festival
- 23-Nov-2022 10:35 AM 🎁 Travelling for US Thanksgiving or Black Friday deals? The CBSA offers tips to facilitate your border crossing
- 20-Nov-2022 06:41 PM 🎁 Mastermind Toys Releases Inaugural 2022 Canadian Play Report
- 19-Nov-2022 06:44 PM 🎄 Paypal Survey Reveals Over Half Of Canadians Are Too Embarrassed To Ask For Financial Help This Holiday Season
- 19-Nov-2022 04:33 PM 🎁 Givex Survey Highlights: 66% of U.S. Consumers Say Inflation Will Impact Holiday Spending
- 18-Nov-2022 07:30 PM 🎄 Cadillac Fairview Transforms CF Toronto Eaton Centre into a Winter Wonderland
- 18-Nov-2022 02:23 PM 🎁 Canadians Cutting Spending Now to Make the Most of Holiday Season, Accenture Survey Finds
- 18-Nov-2022 10:33 AM 🎅🤶 Upcoming Event: The 118Th Original Santa Claus Parade Will Be Live On The Streets Of Toronto In 2022
- 17-Nov-2022 04:09 PM 🎅 Best Buy Canada To Light Up The Skies For The Country's Biggest Ever Drone Show
- 17-Nov-2022 12:00 PM 🎁 Affordability And Sustainability Dominating Shopping Behaviours This Holiday Season, Finds EY Survey
- 17-Nov-2022 11:02 AM 🎄 Upcoming Event: Cadillac Fairview to Host Magical Holiday Celebration at CF Toronto Eaton Centre on November 17