City of Toronto issues 2022 final property tax bills
Tuesday, 21 June 2022 11:14.AM
The City of Toronto has issued the 2022 final property tax bills – the second of two tax bills mailed annually. The 2022 interim property tax bill was mailed in January.
Payment due dates for the final tax bills under the three-instalment plan are Monday, July 4; Tuesday, August 2 and Thursday, September 1. For property owners enrolled in the Pre-Authorized Tax Payment (PTP) program, the 2022 final tax payment due dates are:
• Two-instalment plan: July 4
• Six-instalment plan: July 4, August 2, September 1
• 11-instalment plan: Friday, July 15; Monday, August 15; Thursday, September 15; Monday, October 17; Tuesday, November 15; and Thursday, December 15
MyToronto Pay is a new platform offering residents a convenient and secure online payment option that allow users to pay from a bank account (electronic funds transfer) or by using a credit or debit card. MyToronto Pay users can also add and save their preferred payment methods to a personalized, secure digital wallet. More features and payment-related services are planned through 2022. More information on MyToronto Pay is available at http://www.toronto.ca/myt.../
Property owners can still make payments through their bank or financial institution using online banking or telephone banking, or by visiting a teller or ATM. Payments can also be made by enrolling in the pre-authorized tax payment (PTP) program, or by mailing a cheque. Payments submitted by mail need to reach the City before the due date, to avoid late fees and penalties. In-person counter services located at civic centres and City Hall are open; locations and hours of operation are available on the City’s website:
Property owners who are enrolled in the PTP program and who have recently moved are reminded to update their property account information with the City or with their financial institution, to avoid penalties and fees from payments being applied to the wrong account.
Property owners can access their property tax account by using the online Property Tax Lookup tool (http://www.toronto.ca/pro...) or by speaking to a customer service representative at 311, available Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with extended hours of 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, June 29;Thursday, June 30 and Monday, July 4. Customers outside of city limits can call 416-392-CITY (2489), and TTY users can call 416-338-0889.
A number of property tax, water and solid waste relief programs are available to lower-income property owners. More information is available on the City’s Property Tax, Water & Solid Waste Relief and Rebate Programs webpage: http://www.toronto.ca/tax....
SOURCE: City of Toronto
- 19-Oct-2023 12:00 PM TAX TIP Did You Know that there are Business Services that Can Make it Faster and Easier for You to Meet Your Tax Obligations?
- 14-Oct-2023 06:33 PM TAX TIP Warning: Watch Out for Tax Schemes Involving Multilevel Marketing Businesses!
- 20-Jul-2023 10:21 AM Taxpayers' Ombudsperson Requests That the Canada Revenue Agency Make Improvements to Respect Canadians' Right to Be Represented by a Person of Their Choice
- 05-Jul-2023 02:34 PM TAX TIP Get ready: the CRA is in its summertime benefit period!
- 19-Jun-2023 02:23 PM TAX TIP Applying for the Disability Tax Credit is Easy With Our New Digital Form
- 13-Jun-2023 02:46 PM TAX TIP June 15, 2023, is the Deadline for Self-Employed Individuals to File Their 2022 Income Tax and Benefit Return
- 18-May-2023 12:00 PM ONTARIO JOBS 💵 Moving Forward with Building a Strong Ontario
- 03-Apr-2023 04:33 PM TAX TIP CRA Debt Recovery Activities May Impact Upcoming Benefit, Credit, and Refund Payments
- 27-Mar-2023 10:21 AM TAX TIP Voices Prepares Voice Actors for Tax Season With Tax Education Campaign
- 26-Mar-2023 02:23 PM TAX TIP Valuing Your Cryptocurrency