Upcoming Event: The Culinary Tourism Alliance Announces More Locations For Autumn 'Feast On® The Farm' Events: An Immersive Outdoor Event Series Featuring Local Food And Drink
Friday, 26 August 2022 12:00.PM
Thrilled by the success of the series to date, The Culinary Tourism Alliance has unveiled the next locations for the 2022 Feast On® the Farm events – a thoughtfully curated gastronomic experience continuing this September in partnership with RBC. The intimate (75ppl) ticketed events allow foodies from across Ontario the opportunity to indulge in culinary creations by some of the best chefs in the province - meeting the people creating change in Ontario's food and drink space.
With 14+ years of experience organizing and hosting events such as the Culinary Tourism Summit, Terroir Symposium, and Feast On® StockSeries, the Culinary Tourism Alliance has developed this event series to support tourism recovery efforts within its Great Taste of Ontario program.
"The effects of the pandemic continue to affect the tourism and hospitality industries in devastating ways. This event series allows folks to truly experience the tastes of place unique to each destination with flavours curated by the best of Ontario's culinary talent - all while supporting recovery in the industry and contributing meaningfully to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals," explains President & CEO, Rebecca Mackenzie.
Each event brings together an incredible roster of Feast On® Certified chefs, plus local food and drink experts to curate an immersive experience celebrating locally sourced, ethically farmed ingredients, Ontario craft beers and ciders, and Sustainable Winegrowing Ontario Certified wines. Guests can engage in light-touch educational programming on the farm focused on regenerative and organic agriculture practices and are encouraged to "stay and play" in the region.
Every Feast On® the Farm consumer day ticket supports recovery in the culinary tourism industry and includes a subsidy for industry professionals to attend the Feast On® the Farm Industry Day the following day. Industry professionals can find more information on Industry Days by visiting https://ontarioculinary.com/feast-on-the-farm-industry-days/
Following a very successful first event at West Avenue Cider House in the Heart of Ontario in June, the next event in the series, "Feast On® the Farm: Durham Region," takes place Sunday, September 18 at Slabtown Cider Co., located in Uxbridge, and hosted in partnership with Durham Tourism. Talent includes Chef Alex Page, Chef Roger Searle of Hawley Crescent Catering, and Chef Mike Crockford of Urban Pantry.
"Feast On® the Farm: Temiskaming Shores," takes place Sunday, September 25 at Bison du Nord, located in Earlton, Ontario and hosted in partnership with the City of Temiskaming Shores. Talent includes Chef Brianna Humphrey of Radical Gardens, with details on others coming soon.
The next event is "Feast On® the Farm: Simcoe County," taking place Sunday, October 2 at Duntroon Cyder House, in Duntroon, Ontario and hosted in partnership with Experience Simcoe County. Talent includes Chef Otta Zapotocky of La Cucina by Quince, and Ben Kersley of The Common Stove.
The final event in the 2022 series, "Feast On® the Farm: Niagara Benchlands," takes place Sunday, October 16 at Vineland Estates Winery and is hosted in partnership with Niagara Benchlands. Talent includes Chefs Rick Casipe & Olivia Simpson of Ricky + Olivia, Daniel Hadida of RPM Bakehouse, and resident Chef George Ward of Vineland Estates.
Tickets and details for the Feast On® the Farm events are available at OntarioCulinary.com/fonfarm
Feast On® the Farm: Durham Region
September 18, 2022 | Slabtown Cider Co., Uxbridge ON
Feast On® the Farm: Temiskaming Shores
Bison du Nord, Earlton ON - September 25, 2022
Feast On® the Farm: Simcoe County
Duntroon Cyder House, Duntroon ON – October 2, 2022
Feast On® the Farm: Niagara Benchlands
Vineland Estates Winery, Vineland ON – October 16, 2022
All 2022 Feast On® the Farm events are made possible by RBC.
SOURCE: Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance
- 25-Sep-2023 12:00 PM Upcoming Event: 🦖🦕Jurassic Quest, North America's Biggest Dinosaur Event, Returns to Canada in November
- 16-Aug-2023 10:22 AM Upcoming Event: 🛒🛏️IKEA Canada Announces the Scarborough Town Centre Store Will Open on August 23Rd
- 15-Aug-2023 02:27 PM Upcoming Event: 👵🧶🎶🎤 SummerSeries in Trillium Park Hosts Wavelength Summer Thing and Yoga this Weekend - FREE EVENTS
- 04-Aug-2023 10:36 AM Upcoming Event: 🎤 RBC Announces Sponsorship with Taylor Swift | the Eras Tour, Set to Visit Toronto Next Year
- 01-Jul-2023 08:00 AM TORONTO 🍁 City Of Toronto Offering Free Programming Featuring Live Performances, Activities and Fireworks This Canada Day
- 01-Jul-2023 06:00 AM TORONTO 🍁 Happening Now: Spend Canada Day with Parks Canada!
- 30-Jun-2023 06:25 PM Happening Now: 🚣♂️🐛🎣🐠 Ontario Offering Free Fishing to Celebrate Canada Day
- 21-Jun-2023 10:21 AM Toronto Upcoming Event: 🎥 The Lavazza Inclucity Festival Announces New Program in Suggestive Open-Air Cinema the Dark Side of Distillery District
- 20-Jun-2023 11:50 AM Upcoming Event: 🎰 Great Canadian Casino Resort Toronto, Canada's Newest and Largest Casino Resort Opens Today
- 20-Jun-2023 08:00 AM Upcoming Event: 🚗 The Dawn Project and Major Tesla Investor To Test Tesla Full Self-Driving in Santa Barbara on 22 June