Upcoming Event: For The First Time Since 2019, The Terry Fox Run Returns In Person To Nearly 600 Communities Across Canada On September 18
Saturday, 03 September 2022 08:00.AM
- For the 42nd annual Terry Fox Run, participants will come together to raise funds for cancer research -
The Terry Fox Foundation has announced that, for the first time since 2019, the 42nd annual Terry Fox Run will be held in person on Sunday, September 18. The event will see Canadians from coast to coast to coast unite once again to support or participate, embodying Terry's perseverance and 'no quit' attitude, raising critical funds for cancer research in Canada.
"Terry dreamed of a world without cancer - an illness that touches everyone's lives in some capacity," says Fred Fox, Terry's older brother. "His legacy lives on through the passion and determination of Canadians who keep his dream alive by fundraising for cancer research without him here. We cannot quit."
This year, approximately 4 million Canadians and nearly 600 communities are expected to participate in the Terry Fox Run in person either with their local community or at school. For the past few years, the Terry Fox Run has taken place virtually, with participants encouraged to complete their challenge independently due to COVID-19. Despite this challenge, the Terry Fox Foundation has prevailed in its efforts to raise critical funds for cancer research. To date, the Terry Fox Foundation has raised more than $850 million dollars, bringing hope and health to millions of Canadians.
"The Terry Fox Foundation is built on the support of its community, which includes more than 20,000 steadfast volunteers across Canada," says Michael Mazza, Executive Director of the Terry Fox Foundation. "Our volunteers have been instrumental in the success of the Terry Fox Foundation, especially in the last two years of uncertainty we all faced."
The Terry Fox School Run will take place later in the week on September 23 with close to 10,000 schools participating. More than 3.5 million students of all ages participate in the Terry Fox School Run to fundraise for cancer research.
Canadians are encouraged to register, fundraise, and participate in this classic Canadian tradition in honour of a national icon who made a difference in the lives of millions of Canadians - then and today. All proceeds will fund innovative cancer research and there are no barriers or registration fees to join. Everyone is welcome and you can walk, run, blade or wheel in the Terry Fox Run.
SOURCE: The Terry Fox Foundation
- 14-Mar-2023 02:25 PM 🦖 Jurassic Quest, North America's Biggest Dinosaur Event, Returns to Canada in April 2023
- 12-Mar-2023 02:33 PM 👸🏰🌠 Disney Is Celebrating its 100Th Anniversary! Let's Celebrate a Century of Magic!
- 20-Feb-2023 05:00 PM 🚗 NewCa.com Exclusive! 2023 Canadian International Autoshow. Roshel Senator APC
- 21-Jan-2023 08:33 PM TORONTO COVID-19 ⚕️💉 The City Of Toronto Announces The Burn, Interactive Installation Reflecting On COVID-19 Pandemic
- 15-Dec-2022 06:34 PM 🎄🎁👨🍳🥘 Sigep Observatory For Christmas 2022: Massari, Rinaldini, De Riso, The Voices Of The Greatest Italian Pastry Chefs For The Festive Table
- 11-Dec-2022 04:24 PM 🎄🛒☕ World Renowned Japanese Coffee Brand % Arabica comes to Canada
- 30-Nov-2022 08:00 AM 🎄🎁 A Holiday Market With Children As Exhibitors!
- 29-Nov-2022 04:33 PM 🎄 CF Fairview Pointe Claire Hosts Outdoor Frozen Fairways Experience from December 10-15
- 28-Nov-2022 07:41 PM 🎄 Toronto Downtown West Business Improvement Area (BIA) Launches 2022 Holiday Guide
- 27-Nov-2022 06:33 PM 🎄✨ Customize Dazzling Holiday Lights With Noma Advanced Smart 2.0 Products And The Noma Advanced Smart 2.0 Hub