JOBS Province Partnering with Three Fires Nations to Strengthen Economy in Southwestern Ontario
Thursday, 15 September 2022 10:22.AM
- New Economic Opportunities Table to advance historic investments in infrastructure and clean energy projects -
The Government of Ontario is partnering with Caldwell First Nation, the Chippewas of Kettle and Stony Point First Nation and the Three Fires Group to establish the Three Fires Nations-Ontario Southwestern Ontario Infrastructure and Economic Opportunities Table. This new joint table will advance billions of dollars in critical infrastructure, transformational investments, and clean energy projects in the region, while creating a space for meaningful dialogue, collaboration, and partnership between First Nation leaders and the province.
“We are on a mission to build this province, and the creation of this economic opportunities table will be a game changer for the people of southwestern Ontario,” said Premier Doug Ford. “We are going to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our First Nations partners to advance critical infrastructure projects and ensure everyone benefits from the opportunities that Ontario holds. Working together, we will build a better Ontario for the generations that follow us.”
The Ontario government, working hand-in-hand with partners, has established the Southwestern Ontario Infrastructure and Economic Opportunities Table to accelerate key infrastructure projects in the area, support transformational clean energy project investments, identify and prepare investment-ready lands and advance discussions regarding shared environmental priorities. Recommendations from the table will help inform discussions and further advance partnerships between First Nations communities, the province, local businesses, and municipalities.
Ontario has seen record investments in recent years, following the government’s “Open for Business” approach. The Ontario Government continues to work with First Nations to find new ways to bring First Nations Leaders to the table early. This partnership will encourage more opportunities for qualified First Nations providers to support the procurement of goods and services across the province and further strengthen Ontario’s economy.
“The creation of the Southwestern Ontario Infrastructure and Economic Opportunities Table will lead to enhanced collaboration between the Government of Ontario and area First Nations leadership, and I look forward to the important work that lies ahead,” said Greg Rickford, Minister of Indigenous Affairs. “We are moving forward on our promise to build the province of Ontario, and this table will allow First Nations partners an opportunity to inform decisions in a respectful forum and share in economic prosperity.”
"This is an historic marker for Caldwell First Nation and we are excited to work in lockstep with the Province of Ontario in building our Nation and the surrounding Nations through this unprecedented announcement. We are ready to move at the speed of business and look forward to advancing the agenda together with the Premier and his team."
- Chief Mary Duckworth, Caldwell First Nation
Ontario continues to attract billions of dollars in new investments from companies around the world. Locally, this includes a $5 billion investment to build Ontario’s first large-scale electric vehicle battery manufacturing plant. This is the largest automotive manufacturing investment in Ontario’s history and is expected to directly employ an estimated 2,500 people.
- 03-Oct-2022 04:21 PM JOBS GardaWorld To Hold National Hiring Day on October 4, 2022
- 24-Sep-2022 08:00 AM JOBS Easier Access To Permanent Residence For Physicians In Canada To Help Address Doctor Shortages
- 19-Sep-2022 04:30 PM CX Work Is Becoming More Flexible And Specialized In A Bid To Tackle "People Paradox," Says MIT Technology Review Insights
- 03-Sep-2022 12:00 PM JOBS Tackling Immigration Backlogs To Help Canadian Businesses Grow
- 01-Sep-2022 12:00 PM JOBS Retaining And Recruiting Nurses: Key To Getting Canada's Health System Back On Its Feet
- 31-Aug-2022 06:29 PM JOBS Government Of Canada Helps To Create At Least 2,100 Apprenticeship Positions In British Columbia
- 30-Aug-2022 04:23 PM JOBS Government Of Canada Announces New Partnership To Create At Least 5,200 More Apprenticeships In Atlantic Canada
- 24-Aug-2022 02:21 PM JOBS Mcdonald's Canada Is Hiring Another 20,000+ New Employees To Join One Of The Country's Biggest And Best Teams This Fall
- 17-Aug-2022 06:33 PM JOBS Canadian Pharmaceutical Innovators Collaborating To Produce Monkeypox Vaccine
- 09-Aug-2022 12:00 PM JOBS Canadian Pharmaceutical Innovators Collaborating To Produce Monkeypox Vaccine