✨🚂 CP Holiday Train To Begin 2022 Tour In Support Of Local Food Banks
Wednesday, 23 November 2022 12:00.PM
The Canadian Pacific (CP) Holiday Train program begins this week, with the first of two brightly decorated trains departing the Montreal area for the opening shows of the tour on Wednesday in Maine. Over the next four weeks, the program will raise money, food and awareness for local food banks with 168 performances in two countries.
"The CP Holiday Train, now in its 24th year, celebrates family, community and service to one another," said CP President and CEO Keith Creel. "We hope the train's bright lights and music foster celebrations across Canada and the U.S., bringing with those celebrations a reminder of our duty to help those less fortunate this holiday season."
After two years of virtual concerts due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the CP Holiday Train program returns with in-person concerts, including shows for the first time in Maine and the Eastern Townships of Quebec. In the coming weeks, the two trains will make stops in communities on CP's rail network in eight U.S. states and six Canadian provinces. The CP Holiday Train will return to Kansas City's Union Station for the first time since 2018 with a special show on Dec. 4. The final show of the 2022 tour will take place in Port Coquitlam, B.C., on Dec. 18.
Since its inception in 1999, the CP Holiday Train has raised more than $21 million and collected 5 million pounds of food for community food banks along CP's network.
"I have always had this someday dream of riding a train and playing some music and I can't believe that's actually happening this Christmas. I'm so excited for the Holiday Train," said Tenille Townes, one of eight headlining musicians touring with the train. "I can't wait to see so much of Canada from the snowy window view and meet up with our friends coming to the shows we are playing all along the way. And it's all in support of the food bank and making sure people are fed and taken care of this holiday season."
SOURCE: Canadian Pacific
- 14-Mar-2023 02:25 PM 🦖 Jurassic Quest, North America's Biggest Dinosaur Event, Returns to Canada in April 2023
- 12-Mar-2023 02:33 PM 👸🏰🌠 Disney Is Celebrating its 100Th Anniversary! Let's Celebrate a Century of Magic!
- 20-Feb-2023 05:00 PM 🚗 NewCa.com Exclusive! 2023 Canadian International Autoshow. Roshel Senator APC
- 21-Jan-2023 08:33 PM TORONTO COVID-19 ⚕️💉 The City Of Toronto Announces The Burn, Interactive Installation Reflecting On COVID-19 Pandemic
- 15-Dec-2022 06:34 PM 🎄🎁👨🍳🥘 Sigep Observatory For Christmas 2022: Massari, Rinaldini, De Riso, The Voices Of The Greatest Italian Pastry Chefs For The Festive Table
- 11-Dec-2022 04:24 PM 🎄🛒☕ World Renowned Japanese Coffee Brand % Arabica comes to Canada
- 30-Nov-2022 08:00 AM 🎄🎁 A Holiday Market With Children As Exhibitors!
- 29-Nov-2022 04:33 PM 🎄 CF Fairview Pointe Claire Hosts Outdoor Frozen Fairways Experience from December 10-15
- 28-Nov-2022 07:41 PM 🎄 Toronto Downtown West Business Improvement Area (BIA) Launches 2022 Holiday Guide
- 27-Nov-2022 06:33 PM 🎄✨ Customize Dazzling Holiday Lights With Noma Advanced Smart 2.0 Products And The Noma Advanced Smart 2.0 Hub