JOBS Rogers Cybersecure Catalyst at Toronto Metropolitan University Launches New Dual-Certification Program Designed to Launch or Elevate Cybersecurity Careers
Monday, 06 March 2023 10:15.AM
- CLIC (Certifications for Leadership in Cybersecurity) builds on the Catalyst's experience in delivering leading cybersecurity workforce training programs and will allow more Canadians to train as cyber professionals -
Rogers Cybersecure Catalyst at Toronto Metropolitan University is proud to announce the launch of CLIC: Certifications for Leadership in Cybersecurity. Through a strategic partnership with SANS Institute – the world leader in cybersecurity training and certification – graduates of this brand new six-month program will achieve two globally-recognized SANS GIAC certifications, the highest assurance of cybersecurity knowledge and skills.
Building on the success of the Catalyst's previous cybersecurity training offerings, CLIC is designed as a response to unprecedented demand for SANS-trained and GIAC-certified cyber professionals, as well as a vast cybersecurity labour shortage that currently sits at 3.5 million unfilled positions globally.
The part-time, intensive program is the most rigorous cybersecurity training program in Canada. CLIC will be delivered online using both synchronous and asynchronous learning, through live SANS instructor-led courses and up to 25 to 30 hours of self-study per week. Furthermore, CLIC students will benefit through career mentorship from leading cyber experts and have the opportunity to build connections with major employers in the cybersecurity industry.
"This new program is a natural evolution for us and we couldn't be more excited," says Rushmi Hasham, Director, CLIC at Rogers Cybersecure Catalyst. "We are building on the momentum of earlier training programs and we're thrilled to be able to offer the world-class training that the Catalyst is known for to anyone with an interest in cybersecurity."
"SANS Institute is delighted to expand its strategic partnership with the Catalyst to grow the cyber workforce in Canada. As the leading centre for cybersecurity in Canada, we trust the Catalyst to bring our hands-on training to combat the cyber skills shortage and help employers fill critical, open jobs," explains Maxwell Shuftan, Director, Mission Programs and Partnerships at SANS Institute. "We look forward to helping the Catalyst train the next generation of cybersecurity experts."
Applications to CLIC are now open. Visit cybersecurecatalyst.ca/CLIC for more information.
SOURCE: Rogers Cybersecure Catalyst at Toronto Metropolitan University
- 21-Mar-2023 10:00 PM JOBS Federal minimum wage rising to $16.65 on April 1
- 18-Mar-2023 12:00 PM JOBS Province Building Ontario by Doubling Economic Immigration
- 15-Mar-2023 04:36 PM ONTARIO JOBS 🚗🤖👩💻 Honda Canada Foundation Announces $375,000 Partnership With FIRST Robotics Canada
- 15-Mar-2023 02:27 PM ONTARIO JOBS 👷 Skills Ontario Applauds Provincial Government in New Mandatory High School Graduation Requirement to Increase Interest in the Skilled Trades
- 15-Mar-2023 12:00 PM JOBS 💻 The Impacts of Hybrid Work on IT, Technology, and Employees Detailed in New "State of Hybrid Work in IT" Report From Info-Tech Research Group
- 13-Mar-2023 06:26 PM ONTARIO JOBS Ontario Tightening Rules Around Mass Layoffs
- 13-Mar-2023 12:05 PM ONTARIO JOBS 🚗 Canada and Ontario Welcome Historic Investment from Volkswagen
- 12-Mar-2023 12:00 PM JOBS 💵🧑💻 Government of Canada Invests in Training for Information and Communication Technology Workers
- 04-Mar-2023 12:00 PM JOBS Paradox Launches Industry-First Conversational ATS to Revolutionize High-Volume Hiring with Chat- and Text-Driven Automation
- 02-Mar-2023 12:00 PM JOBS 💵 Applications for the Youth Employment and Skills Program are Now Open