Upcoming Event: Researchers' Night: Scientists Invite You to The Summit!
Tuesday, 17 October 2023 06:18.PM
For its 4th edition, Researchers' Night is rolling out the red carpet in front of the iconic Biosphère and turning the venue into a true "international summit."
This November 10, from 6:00 p.m. to midnight, Montréal Space for Life invites visitors to assume the role of "delegate" and seize the opportunity to come and personally meet hundreds of researchers from fields as diverse as biology, health, community science, social sciences and astronomy.
Together under the Biosphère's geodesic dome for the space of an evening, the public and scientists will get to exchange ideas and reflections, and take part in concrete actions that will help usher in a desirable future.
Researchers' Night comes around every year!
Besides the demonstrations, experiments and face-to-face meetings with scientists, three lectures hosted by Catherine Éthier are part of the program: a duel between two researchers on the theme Être ou ne pas être… vivant! (To be or not to be…alive!) as well as two presentations by eminent American scientists who will share among other things their in-the-field experiences of the consequences of climate change.
Also on hand will be microbiologist Chloé Savard, alias @tardibabe on Instagram, who will present works live, while the hosts of the podcast Les Lucioles (Fireflies) will record a special episode before the public during the event. All of this in a festive atmosphere, with a DJ and with beverages for purchase on-site.
Tickets will go on sale this Friday, October 13.
To allow as many people as possible to participate while avoiding line-ups, a number of visit slots will be available. In addition, since the lectures being offered have limited capacity, visitors will be able to choose whether or not to attend a lecture when they make their reservations.
Researchers' Night is an initiative of Space for Life, organized jointly with the Institut de recherche en biologie végétale (IRBV). It is supported by a number of collaborating organizations:
• Coeur des sciences
• Sciences pour Tous
• Musée de la santé Armand-Frappier
This year, the celebration will take place simultaneously at the Biosphère and at the Sherbrooke Museum of Nature and Sciences.
- 16-Oct-2023 04:31 PM The Design Exchange Merges History, Design, and Innovation in Newly Transformed, World-Class Immersive Event Space
- 15-Oct-2023 12:00 PM Upcoming Event: 🎉🎁🎄🍻👨👩👧👦25Th Annual CPKC Holiday Train Rolls Out Nov. 20
- 15-Oct-2023 10:18 AM Happening Now: 🧪🔬🤯BASF Celebrates National Chemistry Week at the Royal Ontario Museum
- 25-Sep-2023 12:00 PM Upcoming Event: 🦖🦕Jurassic Quest, North America's Biggest Dinosaur Event, Returns to Canada in November
- 16-Aug-2023 10:22 AM Upcoming Event: 🛒🛏️IKEA Canada Announces the Scarborough Town Centre Store Will Open on August 23Rd
- 15-Aug-2023 02:27 PM Upcoming Event: 👵🧶🎶🎤 SummerSeries in Trillium Park Hosts Wavelength Summer Thing and Yoga this Weekend - FREE EVENTS
- 04-Aug-2023 10:36 AM Upcoming Event: 🎤 RBC Announces Sponsorship with Taylor Swift | the Eras Tour, Set to Visit Toronto Next Year
- 01-Jul-2023 08:00 AM TORONTO 🍁 City Of Toronto Offering Free Programming Featuring Live Performances, Activities and Fireworks This Canada Day
- 01-Jul-2023 06:00 AM TORONTO 🍁 Happening Now: Spend Canada Day with Parks Canada!
- 30-Jun-2023 06:25 PM Happening Now: 🚣♂️🐛🎣🐠 Ontario Offering Free Fishing to Celebrate Canada Day