ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎 Labatt boosts production and sustainability with $26.6M expansion of London 💵Brewery
Tuesday, 14 November 2023 06:36.PM
- New fermenting cellar and packaging technology added to continue meeting Canadians' changing needs and tastes -
Labatt Breweries of Canada is expanding its production capability by investing $26.6m directly into its London brewery to fund the addition of a new four-tank fermenting cellar and two new packers. This expansion is a part of Labatt's ongoing commitment to invest in sustainable solutions, evolve consumer demand and prepare its breweries for future growth, building on the brewery's $52.6 million investment in line upgrades, enhancements and sustainable innovations in 2021.
To enable Labatt to meet growing consumer demand,$13.5 million of the investment will fund the addition of four new tanks for the brewery's fermenting cellar, increasing the capacity at the London brewhouse by 597K hectoliters per year—equivalent to 4 new tanks.
Also expanding the brewery's operational capabilities, $13.09 million will fund two new packaging lines in the brewhouse. This innovative packaging technology uses a sustainable paperboard, enabling products to be packaged with significantly less glue compared to previous models. The lines also improve inspection capabilities in operations to ensure packaging is robust and meets the demands of Canadian consumers.
"Our London brewery is the largest in Labatt's network, brewing over 40 per cent of the beer we brew for Canadians, and this significant investment boosts the facility's production capacity and sustainability performance," said Jeff Ryan, VP Legal & Corporate Affairs, Labatt Breweries of Canada. "With this increased production capacity, Labatt can meet current Canadian consumer demand while also setting us up for future growth."
"The new packaging line at our London brewery will improve the way we package our products from both an environmental and quality assurance standpoint," says Alex Martel, Brewery Manager, London, Labatt Breweries of Canada. "We are constantly doing what's needed to ensure the brewery is prepared for future growth through production and environmental efficiencies, and this injection of capital will go a long way to optimize our brewery."
Capital investments made from 2019-2023 in Ontario total nearly $80 million, demonstrating Labatt's ongoing commitment to the province. The upgrades and expansions funded by Labatt's capital investment program will benefit the brewery and the London community and help make operations more sustainable for years to come.
SOURCE: Labatt Breweries of Canada
- 04-Dec-2023 08:00 AM ONTARIO 🧑🚗🚓👮 IBC Commends the Ontario Government for Taking Action to Combat Auto Theft 🕵️♀️🔍💵
- 30-Nov-2023 12:00 PM JOBS 🧑🔎👩🏫💻 Microsoft Expands Digital Footprint in Quebec with Usd$500 Million Investment in Infrastructure and Skilling Initiatives 💵
- 29-Nov-2023 02:28 PM ONTARIO 🤓🧑🎓 Ontario's Public Colleges and Ireland's Technological Universities to Collaborate on Programs and Research 💵
- 25-Nov-2023 12:00 PM ONTARIO 🤓🧑🎓 Colleges call for immediate provincial investments and modest five per cent tuition increase 💵
- 17-Nov-2023 12:00 PM TORONTO JOBS 🧑🔎👩🏫💻 Seneca Polytechnic and Siemens Partner to Provide Tools and Training to the Next Generation of Industry Leaders
- 15-Nov-2023 08:00 AM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎🥘☕ 25,000 Jobs by 2025: Food and Beverage Ontario Launches Recruitment Campaign for The Province's Food and Beverage Processing Industry Workforce 💵
- 14-Nov-2023 04:35 PM ONTARIO 💵 Taking Steps to Better Protect Ontario Pension Plan Beneficiaries
- 14-Nov-2023 02:12 PM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎🥘☕🏬 Ontario Strengthening Wage Protections for Restaurant Workers
- 11-Nov-2023 04:31 PM ONTARIO JOBS 💵 Ontario Strengthening Mining Industry Innovation and Development in the Northeast
- 10-Nov-2023 02:34 PM ONTARIO 💵 Ontario Strengthening Penalties for Landfill Facilities that Contravene Environmental Laws