TORONTO JOBS 🧑🔎👩🏫💻 Seneca Polytechnic and Siemens Partner to Provide Tools and Training to the Next Generation of Industry Leaders
Friday, 17 November 2023 12:00.PM
Seneca Polytechnic and Siemens have announced the latest chapter in the organizations' long-term partnership to provide students with industry-standard tools and training.
Beginning this academic year, students in Seneca's Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering Technology will benefit from a Siemens donation of a sophisticated virtual reality (VR) manufacturing simulation kit and 25 seats of industry-leading Tecnomatix® from the Siemens Xcelerator portfolio of industry software.
The professional virtual reality (VR) equipment enables students to experience the Industry 4.0 environment, including technologies such as digital twins, the industrial metaverse and virtual commissioning. The Tecnomatix manufacturing academic bundle software gives students access to the same technology that companies around the world depend on every day to develop and simulate manufacturing processes in a wide variety of industries including automotive, aerospace, machinery, shipbuilding and high-tech electronics. Graduates with this type of software training are highly recruited candidates for advanced technology jobs.
"Our valued partnership with Siemens continues to strengthen experiential learning opportunities at Seneca Polytechnic," said David Agnew, Seneca President. "This generous donation will help our students access innovative technology, enhancing their ability to graduate career- and world-ready."
"Giving students access to immersive VR environments and industry standard software will help to reshape how schools train Canada's future workforce," says David Wilson, Vice President and Country Manager Canada at Siemens Digital Industries Software. "We're proud of our partnership with Seneca and our shared commitment to providing students with the hands-on skills to secure internship and job opportunities within a variety of industry sectors."
Seneca and Siemens have a strong history of partnership. Since 2016, Seneca students have benefitted from the Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification Program, offered at Seneca in Ontario's first Mechatronics Simulation and Demonstration Centre. Siemens is also a founding supporter of the Centre for Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship at Seneca's Newnham Campus.
SOURCE: Seneca Polytechnic
- 30-Nov-2023 12:00 PM JOBS 🧑🔎👩🏫💻 Microsoft Expands Digital Footprint in Quebec with Usd$500 Million Investment in Infrastructure and Skilling Initiatives 💵
- 29-Nov-2023 02:28 PM ONTARIO 🤓🧑🎓 Ontario's Public Colleges and Ireland's Technological Universities to Collaborate on Programs and Research 💵
- 25-Nov-2023 12:00 PM ONTARIO 🤓🧑🎓 Colleges call for immediate provincial investments and modest five per cent tuition increase 💵
- 15-Nov-2023 08:00 AM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎🥘☕ 25,000 Jobs by 2025: Food and Beverage Ontario Launches Recruitment Campaign for The Province's Food and Beverage Processing Industry Workforce 💵
- 14-Nov-2023 06:36 PM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎 Labatt boosts production and sustainability with $26.6M expansion of London 💵Brewery
- 14-Nov-2023 02:12 PM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎🥘☕🏬 Ontario Strengthening Wage Protections for Restaurant Workers
- 13-Nov-2023 10:23 AM HOLIDAYS 🎄❄️🎁 TORONTO City of Toronto Announces Lineup for Cavalcade of Lights and Heralds in the Holiday Season With Arrival of the Nathan Phillips Square Christmas Tree
- 11-Nov-2023 04:31 PM ONTARIO JOBS 💵 Ontario Strengthening Mining Industry Innovation and Development in the Northeast
- 10-Nov-2023 12:00 PM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎👩 Ontario Helping More Women Build Skills and Get Jobs 💵
- 09-Nov-2023 12:00 PM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎⚖️Ontario To Ban Requirements for Canadian Work Experience in Job Postings