JOBS 🧑🔎 Ontario Continues to Attract New Investments Across Key Sectors 💵
Friday, 09 February 2024 12:00.PM
- Province welcomes regional expansions and strengthens strategic partnerships abroad -
Vic Fedeli, Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade, issued the following statement on today’s monthly employment numbers released by Statistics Canada, which showed Ontario added nearly 24,000 jobs last month, including 9,700 jobs in the construction sector, leading the nation in job creation for January.
“At a time when Ontario, Canada and jurisdictions around the world are facing economic uncertainty, our government is maintaining a targeted and responsible approach to attracting investments and creating more good-paying jobs for the people of Ontario. Across key sectors, companies are choosing Ontario as an ideal location to support their growth and innovation.
In January alone, six businesses announced $133 million in investments to expand operations, creating 152 new, good-paying jobs in regions across the province. These businesses include Kitchener’s FluidAI Medical, London’s Starlim North America Corp. and Andriani Ltd., and Niagara Region’s Stanpac Inc., AMSI Inc. and St. David’s Cold Storage. As part of these investments, Ontario is providing close to $12 million in funding through the the Regional Development Program and the Ontario Together Fund.
In January, Ontario delegations attended two successful trade missions promoting the province’s growing automotive, technology, life sciences, and manufacturing sectors in both the United States and Mexico. These missions provided an important opportunity to promote the province’s industrial might at some of the largest conferences in the world, including the Biotech Showcase in California, the Consumer Electronic Show in Nevada, and Expo Manufactura in Monterrey, Mexico.And, as part of Ontario’s strategy for trade with the United States, Ontario and Indiana finalized a new Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to promote increased trade and investments.
Our government’s responsible approach is creating more opportunities for people and businesses today, while laying the foundation for a strong and resilient economy for future generations. By connecting Ontario businesses to the international marketplace, the province continues to be positioned as one of the best jurisdictions in the world for companies to invest, grow and create jobs.”
SOURCE: Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade
- 16-Feb-2024 12:00 PM JOBS 👷♂️💵 New economic study released by Martin Associates - Close to 600,000 jobs supported by the Port of Montreal 👩🏭
- 15-Feb-2024 10:23 AM JOBS 👷♂️ Canada Announces Over $4 million to Support Critical Minerals Value Chains and Create Good Jobs in Ontario 👩🏭
- 15-Feb-2024 08:00 AM JOBS 👷♂️ Many Workers Planning to Change Jobs While Demand for Skilled Talent Continues 👩🏭
- 13-Feb-2024 04:23 PM JOBS 🚗🔌FOCAL Research Indicates That Canada Has a Lot at Stake in Transition to Electric Vehicles
- 13-Feb-2024 02:25 PM JOBS Black Canadians Feel Their Employers are Making Headway in Eradicating Anti-Black Racism
- 13-Feb-2024 10:23 AM JOBS 👷♂️ Bill 124 Appeal Ruling a Win For Workers, Ontarians 👩🏭
- 10-Feb-2024 10:29 AM JOBS 👷♂️💵 Air Canada Announces Scholarships for Aspiring Aircraft Maintenance Engineers at 7 Technical Colleges Across the Country 👩🏭
- 21-Jan-2024 08:00 AM JOBS 🧑🔎 217% Increase in the Number of Canadian Employers Using Apprenticeships to Fill The Labour and Skills Shortage
- 20-Jan-2024 10:30 AM JOBS 🧑🔎ADP Canada Happiness@Work Index: Workers' Happiness Dwindles as the New Year Looms
- 03-Jan-2024 12:00 PM JOBS 🧑🔎 Job Fair - Career Opportunities At Your Toronto Zoo! 🐻🌳🦧