2018 Toronto Zoo. Baby Pygmy Hippo Public Debut
Thursday, September 20, 2018 9:00:00 PM
Endangered baby pygmy hippopotamus made her first public appearance at the Toronto Zoo on September 19, 2018.
Kindia, a 12-year-old female pygmy hippopotamus (Choeropsis liberiensis), gave birth to a female calf on Friday, August 10, 2018 at 10:52 pm.
The Toronto Zoo is part of the Pygmy Hippopotamus Species Survival Plan (SSP), which aims to establish and maintain a healthy, genetically diverse population, and overall conservation efforts to save this incredible species.
The endangered pygmy hippopotamus calf will be on exhibit in the Pygmy Hippo Habitat in the African Rainforest Pavilion from 9:30am to 3:00pm daily beginning Thursday, September 20, 2018. This schedule is subject to change as there may be times when she is brought inside the Pygmy Hippo Maternity Area for feeding and to enable our Veterinary and Wildlife Care teams to closely monitor her progress.
- 29-Nov-2020 12:25 PM 2020 Toronto Zoo. Holiday Drive-Thru (4K, images)
- 28-Nov-2020 02:12 PM 2020 Toronto Zoo. Holiday Drive-Thru
- 21-Nov-2020 11:06 PM 2020 Toronto Zoo. Holiday Marketplace (4K, images)
- 21-Nov-2020 02:02 PM 2020 Toronto Zoo. Holiday Marketplace
- 25-May-2020 11:49 AM 2020 Toronto Zoo Scenic Safari Drive-Thru for avoiding coronavirus COVID-19 (4K, images)
- 25-May-2020 08:00 AM 2020 Toronto Zoo Scenic Safari Drive-Thru
- 21-May-2020 11:44 AM 2020 Toronto Zoo Walkthrough for avoiding coronavirus COVID-19. Beautiful Spring (4K, images)
- 21-May-2020 09:15 AM 2020 Toronto Zoo. Playful Grizzly Bear. Avoid coronavirus COVID-19 (4K, images)
- 20-May-2020 08:23 AM 2020 Toronto Zoo Walkthrough. Beautiful Spring
- 17-May-2020 01:35 PM 2020 Toronto Zoo. Playful Grizzly Bear